Hasbro BB8 toy

Matty Matt

Active Hunter
My son got one of these for Christmas and he loves it. It's actually a neat little toy and it works much better than I thought it would. If you leave him alone for a minute he'll start moving around and making noise on his own. My son was all excited and was convinced it was a "real droid"! It looks very toy-like out of the box but that was nothing a little weathering couldn't fix. A black wash to darken the panel lines and some earthy colored glazes to add grime. I darkened the orange a little too.
IMG_1667.jpg

This is what it looks like new. I believe it's a Target exclusive in the states.

16879679.jpg

Agreed. Much better with your weathering.

I received this as a gift for Christmas as well. I wasn't too into BB-8 before seeing the film but now I love him. And I also didn't think this droid toy would be something I'd find interesting, but now having it and seeing how responsive it is, and the sound, etc. I'm really impressed this thing works this well while also being so small.

That's cool, much better with the weather, at first glance I thought it was a screen shoot of the real one:lol:. I like that it rolls around by it's self if you leave it alone. Dose it bump into things, or does it have sensors like R2?

Thanks guys.

I had the sphero one but got bored with it and sold it.

My wife wanted to get me the sphero one a while ago but I told her not to, lol.

That's cool, much better with the weather, at first glance I thought it was a screen shoot of the real one:lol:. I like that it rolls around by it's self if you leave it alone. Dose it bump into things, or does it have sensors like R2?

It's not that sophisticated. It won't roam around the house or anything like that. Just move a little and make noise until it shuts off.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back