Costuming while in Iraq

Jango Wes

Well-Known Hunter
Well, not exactly what you may think. I was bound and determined NOT to let this Godforsaken country prevent me from staying up to date with my costuming. I just wanted to post a few pics of what I've been working on while deployed.

I'm still working on my Jango, but I've only got unfinished parts in a box. :lol:

First up is Firefly. I admit, I was late in watching this, but I'm hooked! I've got my browncoat, holster, suspenders and pistol (modeled by my lovely wife Brandy, the original Fett Girl). I actually have 2 pistols, one is the Wilco and the one in the holster is molded off the hero pistol from the show.

dsc00928ll9.jpg

The second of which is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I commissioned Kelly from KMD Theatrics to make a Blue Falcon costume for me. The only direction I gave was don't make it so cartoony. Make it "realistic", yet stay true to the character. Well, he exceeded my expectations. The bodysuit is done, but not pictured. Still waiting on pics of the helmet and boots.

cape1gp3.jpg

beltcf2.jpg

capebacksi9.jpg

gauntletjs2.jpg

Enjoy,
Wes

Nice costumes. Love the Firefly outfit of Malcolm. My brother is hooked on that show. I hope they bring the show back or make another movie. Great series.(y)

P.S Stay safe:cheers

just start carving up the ceramic plate armor and attaching it to a molle vest and you'll get yourself a REAL set of mando armor... :)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back