Anyone into MLG?

Hammer of Might

Active Hunter
Wow, haven't been here in awhile! It's good to be back.

Anyways, I've been consumed with Major League Gaming lately, specifically playing Halo 3. I've been watching the Pro Circuit tournaments and am going to the Dallas event in August. I'm wondering if anyone here is aware / into this.

I thought about trying to get into MLG, mainly after I was visiting my now Ex, and at her school they were having a LAN tourney that had Halo3, and some NC local MLGamer came. I was able to round up a few people I didn't even know to play some 4 man slayer. Inevitably, our first round game was against the Major Leaguer and his team that had come to this tourney. We got beat 3-2 in a best of 5 to 50 slayer, but the whole game all I heard from him was, "someone seriously get Grillmore out of the picture" or "will someone f***** kill this Grillmore guy".

All 5 games I had the most kills. Averaging 25+ but the guys on my team weren't really that good. After that I considered going on the circuit for Halo, but never really followed through when I went to Iraq the following month.

Yeah, LANing is so much better than xbox live. I'm soo much better on LAN. My connection hinders me in the playlist so much. My bullets don't connect but my opponent's does.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back