What's wrong with Master Replicas Boba Fett Blaster?

jameth

New Hunter
I recently was very fortunate to pick up a modified Master Replicas Boba Fett Blaster. It was offered for a very good price as the previous owner was in the middle of modifying it to make it more accurate. It has a real scope in place of the solid one but he had to add a solid resin end cap to make it accurate so it still can't be seen through. I believe the real prop had a solid scope anyway but not sure on that. He removed the greeblies on the side and the stocks and replaced them. Again I am thrilled to get this as it was a third the price of a MR blaster.

My question is what is wrong with the MR Boba Fett Blaster because I have studied this one I have, the MR version and the real prop????

On mine each thing he replaced sure looked the same as the thing on the MR originally was and on the real prop. I really can't tell the difference. He also included a bunch of cut barrel ridges but again they looked exactly the same as the MR ones already on the gun. He went into a pretty thorough explanation of the changes he made but looking at the real prop and the only good close up pics of the MR piece from the comic show where it premeired all looks the same.

I have attached the greeblies he included to the stock and now it just needs a new paint job.

Are the greeblies on the MR molded to the stock because it looked like he sanded the stock down???

Anywho I'm just curious. Again I am so thrilled to have been able to save so much on this and having it accurized to boot.

He really put a lot of care and work into this.

Here is what he posted when I bought it

I have for sale this Master Replica Boba Fett EE-3 Blaster that I was in the process of accurizing:

Since it needs to be finished and assembled, it is in kit form.

Highlights of this "kit":

-The base EE-3 is made by Master Replica. It will come with it's plaque which is numbered 27 of 1500.

-The MR scope (which was SOLID metal!) was replaced with a real scope and rings that are accurate to the ASI scope. The white front lens is a high quality resin cast from an ASI scope. That is the only part, I could not find.

-The MR bomb rack greeblies which were pretty bad were replaced with resin copies of the real Phantom bomb rack greeblies. These have been glued on.

-The MR Visible V8 starter covers which were also bad were replaced with resin copies of the Visible V8 starter covers. These are taped on and you get a total of (8) resin copies to experiment with.

-The grip was accurized so that the screw looks like it goes through.

-The buttstock holes were filled, so the screws could be properly placed.

-The MR t-track has been pried off and is held on by the tape.

This comes with a set of REAL Revell Visible V8 Starter Covers and the Phantom Bomb Rack halves!

It also comes with a set of the Gino T-Tracks. Probably the most accurate t-track available!

If anyone has any pics of their MR Blaster that would be great. I'll post pics of my baby as soon as I can.

As I re read this it sounds like I'm complaining and I am so not. I was so excited to get this thing and I love all the work he put into it. I usually have a good eye for this stuff and maybe it's the limited pics I have but i am just curious as to what it looked like before.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my MR EE-3. My only complaint is that it quite heavy, if you were going to be using it to troop with. I'm no expert if you are looking for inaccuracies vs. the screen used item though.

It all depends on what you consider "accurate".

Some people will see a T shaped track and think that's fine for the barrels.

Others are concerned about the radius of the curve on the inside of the track.

Still others want the SAME track from the SAME source as the original, no matter the cost.

The GINO T track represent countless hours of research into as perfect a replica of the track as can be achieved. To some that makes or breaks the prop, to others it makes no difference at all.

Same with the scope. To some, it's not "accurate" unless it's the exact make/model/year as the original.

My guess is that the differences between the upgrade parts and the base are just subtle things that you don't care enough about to notice.

Thanks for the great info guys. I really appreciate it. I have studied this thing and these great upgrades he added in but for the life of me I can't tell the difference between the MR T track and the Gino T track or some of the other changes. I have a pretty good eye and they sure look the same but God bless him. Anywho thanks again.
It all depends on what you consider "accurate".

Some people will see a T shaped track and think that's fine for the barrels.

Others are concerned about the radius of the curve on the inside of the track.

Still others want the SAME track from the SAME source as the original, no matter the cost.

The GINO T track represent countless hours of research into as perfect a replica of the track as can be achieved. To some that makes or breaks the prop, to others it makes no difference at all.

Same with the scope. To some, it's not "accurate" unless it's the exact make/model/year as the original.

My guess is that the differences between the upgrade parts and the base are just subtle things that you don't care enough about to notice.

Totally agree with stormtrooperguy...mostly it's a matter of opinion and whether it really matters to you or not.... point in question being the Gino T track... However, do what your heart says and if you want to pimp it out as accurate as it comes then go for it.... and another thing, these MR balsters do get very very heavy whilst trooping... as Rob said.. you need plenty of spinich.. :D

Slightly OT, I actually have a E-11 MR balster and it weighs more than an original Stirling... :D and I troop with a resin E-11 and a super duper kenner.. :D

Hey guys. Sorry for the late reply. I am not able to complete my Boba at this time and in fact I am about to list it for sale. As a result I'm not here too much. Too depressing. I WILL !!!!! have a complete Bobamaker (At least everything he makes) Boba but it's gonna be a few years down the line.

I finished the blaster and I am keeping that.

I have a mint MR blaster and case so with this one, never being a huge fan of what I call the rusty look, put it back together, he had removed some of the T track to replace with the real thing but staring at it for hours I could see no difference other then the real stuff needing a lot of work. I added the model pieces and plates he had included. Again I really could not tell the difference. He has a real scope but a solid resin end on it so I added a glass lens on the end so the scope looks real from both ends. Then I primered it, aluminum coated it, primered it again as the auto black primer is just the right color of black for me and then scratched it up. I dragged it through rocks and branches so it's "authentic". I am real happy with the look and how it came out.

Everything is in storage but as soon as it gets unpacked I will take pics of it compared to my regular MR blaster.

These pics don't show it off well and yes some of my Boba colors just suck and need to be re-done but that will be up to the new owner.

Collection200.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back