Supreme Fett Costume

Tonight, I went to my 7 yr. old son's Fall Festival event at his school and wore my ROTJ Fett. Everyone was so amazed to see the quality and the authenticity of the costume that they wanted to touch the armor and knock on it to see if it is real. At first I was worried that they might think that it's a R****s version, but now that I've seen these untouched pics, I'm not worried at all anymore.

Actually, I'd still be worried. What if someone seeing it from afar but doesn't ask assumes it's a commerically available item, goes online and sees the prototype pics and then goes, "Wow, it looks even better in person!" and then orders it! Boy are they in for a surprise.

A lot of people I've been around who are not into this hobby have asked me where do I get my stuff. They assume everything comes already together, and they don't realize you pick up different pieces from different people or purchase raw kits that have to be trimmed, primered, painted, weathered, and sealed, or sewn, or modified, sized, tweaked or adjusted, upgraded or redone in some way shape or form.

I guess they figure there is an online equivalent to Walmart that caters to us Star Wars people. Ah, if it were only that easy!

Actually, I'd still be worried. What if someone seeing it from afar but doesn't ask assumes it's a commerically available item, goes online and sees the prototype pics and then goes, "Wow, it looks even better in person!" and then orders it! Boy are they in for a surprise.

A lot of people I've been around who are not into this hobby have asked me where do I get my stuff. They assume everything comes already together, and they don't realize you pick up different pieces from different people or purchase raw kits that have to be trimmed, primered, painted, weathered, and sealed, or sewn, or modified, sized, tweaked or adjusted, upgraded or redone in some way shape or form.

I guess they figure there is an online equivalent to Walmart that caters to us Star Wars people. Ah, if it were only that easy!

Yeah, I agree! You've got a valid point there. To the untrained eye, there is no difference between the two. But to those that were interested in the suit that night, I told them that everything was fan made and that the parts came as a kit that has to be assembled and painted. So, hopefully if they were serious about joining or getting an authentic Fett suit, they would remember what I said.

Here is a pic from that night. Me and my kids at their school's Fall Festival event.

DSC00843-1.jpg

you know if you piece it out you may be able to make some of your money back im sure someone would buy that helmet all they have to do is repaint it, and i know i would buy those tools.

Trikaz, Can you post a well lit pic of you wearing the supreme costume with just the supreme pieces because I may, gulp, buy it. I'm needing a BF costume for a convention and some videos, and I may go with that.

Trikaz, Can you post a well lit pic of you wearing the supreme costume with just the supreme pieces because I may, gulp, buy it. I'm needing a BF costume for a convention and some videos, and I may go with that.

Honestly don'y buy it you could buy seperate good quality pieces for cheaper then buying that costume!

What do you guys think about the origins of the helmet. I know its not a MR cast, do yo think its a fan sculpt? Do you think they wll ever release it on its own like they did with the vader, as it could be good to repaint?

I agree on the paint job,it looks..like a blind 4 year old was in charge of it...
but the sculpt seems better than the usual helmet they sell,the gauntlets...who ever was in charge for research for sculpting etc. should be fired ...
First I tought it may be good to "slaughter" get some parts,repint for a custom mando,
but thats a waist of money ..specialy for "that" "supreme edition" "quality"...

Do you think it will get you into the 501st?

All kidding aside, you would have thought rubies would have just recasted something from here. I mean, they already broke the law just making that thing.

Excuse me but just to get this right ,the pics you added,of your Boba,wich look worlds better than the rubies,are you saying that you took whatever was good and turned that rubies nightmare into the awesome outfit you put in 2 pics in ?
If yes,your a god,if not,awesome costume you got :D and...burn the rubies thingy...

I know this thread is dead, but I just looked at this costume again and noticed this in the close up zoomed in shots:
smoosh..jpg

Look at that guy's face smashed into that helmet! (y):lol:lol::lol:lol:(y)
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

Sorry you got stuck with this bro, but glad you got your Fett sorted out.

To be honest, the only thing i see really wrong with this suit is the price. To any average person this suit would be beyond any Fett costume they have probably seen. When i was a kid my Vader costume was a vinyl suit with a horrible drawing of vader on the front. Not even a resemblance of any vader part. But iloved it, and most people arent like we are, so we shouldnt tear it apart. For an out of the box costume that someone will wear once for halloween i think its fine...the problem is the price. This should be a maybe 200 dollar suit. thats my issue with this suit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back