Supertrooper WIP

LuisG4

New Hunter
Hey guys TC/TK-7153 from the Star Garrison here. As the title states, I am attempting to upgrade this Supertrooper suit that kind of fell into my lap a few weeks ago. A good friend of mine convinced me to buy it from him but due to the fact that we both have different body types, some adjustments will have to be made. My goal is to get this as close to that of the original as I can, which means I'll have to repaint most of the parts and replace some. I am now in the process of sanding all of the armor pieces to repaint them and make them nice and shiny. I've built an Episode 2 Clonetrooper and a TK, hopefully with that little bit of experience I'll be able to do a good job with this project. Any advice, criticism or help you guys can throw my way is more than welcome.

So this is me wearing it for the first time
2emn3lu.jpg

143dj40.jpg

2hcmey1.jpg

bi0zld.jpg

As you can see, most of the parts need some serious adjustment. I plan on purchasing a flack jacket and boots from MOW and possibly a harness if I cant get this one that I have to work.

Back plate, cod and butt pieces sanded and ready for paint.
2r3lcep.jpg

Gauntlets. As you can see I couldnt get all of the paint off, but I did my best. This is all going to be covered up again so it doesn't matter much......I hope.
33y1csg.jpg

I wasn't a big fan of the armor that came with it, since they have a return edge that give it a sort of "fake" thickness, so I decided to try to make my own out of HIPS by using the templates I found here.
4j2x6p.jpg

Well, it was all going great until I attempted to heat bend the belly plate. It's a little bit hard to tell from the picture but you can kind of see in the reflection of the light how I failed miserably. As soon as I started heating it, the plate started to warp and bend unevenly. I tried flattening it out again to redo it, which kind of helped, but I did not get the results I would have liked.
29by0b7.jpg

2rek5c1.jpg

At least the shoulder armor came out fairly decent
18zf7.jpg

That's about as much as I have done for now. I plan on getting the helmet sanded this weekend, get most of the parts painted and hopefully move on to heat bending the chest plates....hopefully I don't screw up again. Any advice you guys have on bending the chest plates would be highly appreciated.

The armor you have now looks like it should I think at least...it should be thin plastic with a rolled edge to give the appearance of thickness...and it looks to be shaped correctly

The armor you have now looks like it should I think at least...it should be thin plastic with a rolled edge to give the appearance of thickness...and it looks to be shaped correctly

You think so?. Initially I was planning on reusing that same armor, but I thought that it was too flat and was afraid that the return edge would screw up the whole thing if I tried to bend them :(

I think that the costume you bought looks great, you only needed some adjustments (jetpack goes higer than that for example) but nothing major. Better pictures are needed, but I think it looked great as it was.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back