Official: Painting Your Jet Pack

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Hey John, what pack did you get? pics?

The colours I used were Tamiya spray cans for the blue (TS-15 - Blue)and yellow (34 - Camel Yellow), Games workshop Citadel paints pot "Red Gore" for the red and a basic flat white spray can for the white. I used halfords own basic silver spray can for the silver. Used a mix of matt black and a colour called red brown (I think) in an airbrush for the weathering. Used some tamiya silver for the scratches etc

The blue and yellow are gloss (and need to be applied in very thin coats!), but once the weathering is applied you'd never notice

I got all the paint from the local hobby shop (except the halfords can, of course).

Hope that helps. If you run into a dead end, I'd be happy to get them locally and send them up to you. Just let me know what you're after.

*Edit to add link* Here's a link to the thread I started on my MLC pack

Si

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Si, I still have some camel yellow left from my armour (knew it would come in handy)shouldn't have a problem getting hold of the rest :D
I'll get some progress pics up soon.

where can i find Rustoleum Yellow Farm Equipment # 7449, everyone that i've seen that carries the farm equipment has a different color yellow, also where can i find teh Plasti-Kote Gloss White #341?

I've gotten started on painting my MLC with Seeker's colors and it looks great so far, I just need those colors...

thanks in advance

This is my first pic post of my work so far. I am at somewhat of a standstill until i find the 2 colors I'm missing, but let me know what you all think so far. I'm using the paints suggested by SEEKER. I started by painting the whole thing with Testors SIlver, and then masked off some of the scratches with liquid mask and painted the colors. Most of the scratches are done just with a razorblade or various tools on my swiss army knife.

EDIT: Seems that YAHOO doesn't let you link to your pictures in yahoo photos, so here's the link instead

http://photos.yahoo.com/padawan_schlicher

they are showing up on my computer....hmmm...

edit...after clearing my internet files i'm getting an x as well....

they are from my yahoo pictures files what do i need to do to get them to show?

lowes carries plasikote(sp?) i think.

Mr Fett and i repainted part of his JP with the colors Lee found and it looked really good. maybe he'll chime in with some pics.

I am about ready to paint my pack as well. My question is, how do I go about weathering it. I was thinking about putting a couple of silver coats on. The put my regular coats on, then sanding down to the silver. Would that work or is there a better way?

Thanks.

that's what I'm doing...i'm not exactly sanding...i did some masking, with liquid mask, and with mustard. I also scrapped off with a metal file and with a saw, and even with my fingernails to get various effects. check out my thread on progress pics of my MLC pack...

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back