Need advice about buying a boba fett costume

J3T

Jr Hunter
I'm looking to buy a boba fett costume, I know that their are alot of crapy deals out there and i dont really want to get ripped off any advice you guys can give me?

Read through the forums and more importantly the forum rules, get an idea of what style of BF you want to do, see who makes what by reading the threads and go from there. Also, the cargo hold has items go up for sale fairly regularly. There are also people that have continuous runs of certain items. Hope this helps.

Sean

what i really want is just a good looking and fairly accurate costume to start with and then eventually build off it but im not sure exactly what to begin with

If you are trying to keep costs down then buy good base products like Man of War (MOW) or Fett Pride (FP) and build from there. Watch Cargo hold. If you start with some of the E-Bay stuff like Evolution, you will be unhappy and it will end up costing more money in the long run. You can't really upgrade when the base material doesn't have clean details. If you have lots of cash, BobaMaker is top notch and comes already prepped. Like "z" says, don't start anything for a period of time and read the threads here extensively. Rookie mistake is diving in too quickly. Trust me, I speak from experience. Good luck.

what i really want is just a good looking and fairly accurate costume to start with and then eventually build off it but im not sure exactly what to begin with

Unless you buy someone's already completed BF in the cargo hold, you're not going to find one stop shopping putting a good BF together. A few guys make great armor, a few guys make great EE-3 Blasters, some people do Flight suits, some people do the finer details like Push to talk systems, wookie braids, decals, belts, paint jobs.... The list goes on and on. Unless you read through the boards you won't develop this knowledge or appreciate it. Unless you go with someone's already completed BF BUT even then if you don't know who the makers are which are generally posted on those sales you won't know what quality you're getting for your money.

Using myself as an example, I started my project on 5/28/10 and I've paid for all my pieces from multiple people here on the TDH and I've spent around $5K already and probably a little more when it comes to getting stuff to put it all together.

Sean

stay away from Rubies!! and pretty much ebay all together, unless you know the vendor, or the auction is posted in the cargo hold...more times than not, people are unsatisfied with purchases from ebay...

#1 piece of advice: RESEARCH!

IMO, until "FP", "Mystery Helmet", "topical", "layered", "girth belt", "SE", etc... all make sense to you, you shouldn't be spending money :)

There's a LOT to learn, and no-one can really pack it up and hand it over easily.

Spend quality time on the wiki, particularly the "building a suit" section: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/wiki/Building_a_Suit

There are links in there that answer many of your questions, including how much to expect to spent. IMO I'd say to expect a couple thousand unless you plan to build a lot of it from scratch.

I believe Splat is selling his ESB Fett in the cargo hold for a very reasonable price. And it's already been 501st approved. :)

Hi Guys ... im Gabe from Evolution and im back again after some personal problems, now i am working on some of my items to improve them, also i still making lowest prices to the members forums and im open to any suggestion to make at the items or new items (obviously i will compensate those) ... im very happy for being back again!
Thanks

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back