Mannequin Support

Susurro

New Hunter
I'm attempting to put up my Boba costume on a mannequin for display. I got it all on, but it is unstable. The support is one of those with the metal bar that inserts into the calf. No matter how I tighten it, though, it wants to tip over when I put the jetpack on. I am currently displaying him without his jetpack, but it just seems wrong!

Any recommendations to balance him out or reinforce the stand?

Thanks!

If you can get to the legs, in a spot near the hips drill a hole large enough to pour in some sand or very small gravel. Just keep adding until it is bottom heavy enough not to tip over. Works like a charm!

I built my own mannequin using the duct tape method, and i am having this same problem. I don't have a stand, i was looking at getting one today, but if they don't even work, it seems pointless for me to get one. i really want my Fett standing where people can walk behind him and see the 6 months of working hanging off his back, lol

I'll give a shot to filling his legs. I definitely want people to be able to see all of him...you guys know how much work goes into these :D

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have the same mannequin and i had the same problem. The feet of a lot of mannequins are molded so that they are on 'tippy-toes'. I think that this makes putting shoes on and getting shoes off easier. I cut, shaped, and sanded a couple wedges from a piece of 2x4 to sit under the feet of the mannequin, to sit underneath the tippy-toed feet and create a flat foot profile. I slip them into the Fett boots, then slip the boots onto the feet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back