making props the jouney

Huntman

Active Hunter
This weekend I began to make my own toes spikes. It seemed to me this was quite the creative learning experience. I mean there are so many stages ( just like for the jet pack) . I planned on what I was for materials. I planned on what I wanted the spikes to look like and I planned on their durability.
At each stage I had to learn more. I got the first set done and viola they were durable but... The screws were the wrong color so I had to paint screws before I put them in. Then my 2 stage hardner left a grey colored seam so those had to be painted. last ly the metal edges of the bracket needed filed.

here's pics of the production ( mine)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&rd=1

Eventually I had a fett worthy product.
This process was compounded by the fact that I thought I would make a few more sets for TDH members only. As the process wore on I found I had improved my process so much that the ones I was getting rid of were aesthetically better looking than my own.

Not to mention you found you were getting good at making these.

has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
now I am grappling with the concept of how soon before i need a new set of CA boots just because my toes spikes are better. guess that's why everyone says they are always slowly upgrading.

Fine I just had ebay host the pics. but that wasn't really the point the point is what to do when your first ( personal set) is not as good as the stuff you make for others. live with it or get a new set of boots as it were?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back