Blaster EE-3 Build for Functionality!

BobasDent1138

Active Hunter
Hey everyone!
Recently got my hands on an old MLS ESB EE-3 cast. Not the cleanest, but VERY sturdy. (And heavy...[emoji12] [emoji23]) I plan on turning this into a semi-functional trooping blaster as the5thhorseman did. So, here's a few pics of where I'm at...
These 3 pieces were epoxied together. Which scared me at first. They weren't too tough to separate actually!
uploadfromtaptalk1450140290168.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450140352639.jpg
Then I went to the barrel. These pieces were epoxied together too!!! Ugh!! This was harder to get at and as you can see, the bottom corner snapped :( but no worries! Superglued it right after I sanded down the insanely thick seam! Loluploadfromtaptalk1450140473878.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450140401698.jpg
Thank Fett the MLS EE-3s are much more beautiful now!! This is going to be a fun build!

I'll keep this thread updated :)
-Gav

very interesting thread and nice blaster. What do you mean by semi-functional though? You've tweaked my curiosity now :D

By semi-functional, do you mean adding lights and sound or what all are you planning?

I hope he means a full on energy wepon ha that would be a winner!

very interesting thread and nice blaster. What do you mean by semi-functional though? You've tweaked my curiosity now :D

Lol I guess I should've specified! By semi functional I meant following the basic guidelines of the 5thhorsemans build, making the barrel swivel and allowing most parts to be screwed on/off and detached safely. The only problem is the hammer and trigger and trigger guard are molded into the main gun, so I think I'll leave those alone, let them stay sturdy as they are (for now) and concentrate on everything else.

Oh... and possible ideas for lights and sounds [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

UPDATE: Got the barrel and locking mechanism all set, so now the barrel can flip with ease! Only thing I'd like to smooth out would be getting the lock to spring up into place instead of sliding it, but I don't want to hurt anything lol

uploadfromtaptalk1450275750288.jpg
Here you can see the spring and the barrel tilt, had to carve out that little block on the underside of the barrel so the barrel could fold down. So far so good!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back