Codpiece Question

wesari

Active Hunter
What are you guys using for the two square "doohickies" on the right side of the codpiece??? I'm using Wizard's templates, but I'm not sure if I should build up some sintra then putty it, or if you guys are using something else that might make it easier?

Thanks,

Scott

either those or the self adhesive door stoppers... keyboard keys are the better choice though... the old school dodgy microsoft ones are the best :p even edge all round.. not angled like the newer boards

I don't think that's what he's asking about. What you guys are talking about are the same thing as the collar studs which keyboard keys would work great for, but i think he's talking about a detail that's molded into the codpiece itself. Am I right in thinking this wesari? I'm at work so I can't really attach pictures and what not, but there are 2 rectangular bumps molded into the cod. If you are scratch building then your approach seems the best to me, maybe others might have another idea.

I don't think that's what he's asking about. What you guys are talking about are the same thing as the collar studs which keyboard keys would work great for, but i think he's talking about a detail that's molded into the codpiece itself. Am I right in thinking this wesari? I'm at work so I can't really attach pictures and what not, but there are 2 rectangular bumps molded into the cod. If you are scratch building then your approach seems the best to me, maybe others might have another idea.

Yes, I am talking about the little square molded pieces on the left side of the cod. That's why I thought the enter or space bar keys might be what they're recommending. I can always rout a divet into it for the hollow looking center. Otherwise, I'll just build one with sintra and putty around the edges.

S

in addition to those molded on pieces there are also bolts/studs that attach the cod to the kidney armor/butt plate which alot of folks use regular letter keys for. The same thing is on the collar armor attaching it to the back plate. I think that's what the other 2 were refering to. However using shift keys or enter keys might be a good idea, depeninding on how "tall" they keys are because I don't think the molded pieces stick out too far from the rest of the piece. I'll have to find some pictures to know for sure.

AoSW_2002-08-19_Fett_033.jpg

your talking about the 2 rectangles shown here on the left of the photo (Bobo's right) about where the inside of your leg connects with your body?

MoM_2002-06-16_094.jpg

(above) this is the collar studs/bolts the same thing is used on the sides of the cod to attach it to the kidney armor (below)

MoM_2002-06-16_164.jpg

sorry for using such large pictures it's the only thing i could come up with at work and I couldn't edit them here either. but anyways you can see what I'm talking about now.

The computer keys look fine dude.Just use the taller number keys at the top of the keyboard.they look better.The only problem with the door stop parts, is that they only hold certain paints, but hey to each his own huh?lol

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back