this is my boba how is it

and if more people could tell me wht they think about my costume that would help me and dont forget to put in any cmment or ideas.

for some reason mine doesnt look even close to the real thing but yet im not missing anything except the shin tools -sigh-

I think your costume looks really good. The only one thing I see, is maybe a little too much 'damage' done on the armor and gauntlets. Lessen up the silver areas a bit would be my only observation.

For the jumpsuit, I went to the local store and bought Rit fabric dye and added the dye and some water in a spray bottle. Just remember that 'less is more' and start slow by just misting the cloth. After you are satisfied, wash the garment and you are done.

Looks great. Like the others said, weather the jumsuit, touch up the gauntlets, and then after your first few kills add your wookie scalps.

Your Ab peice looks good.. but the left&right chest armour peices look out of proportion compared to the ab-peice and center diamond.
And i'd say that you went a bit overboard with the weathering on the gauntlets...

And yeah.. get som dirt on the jumpsuit..

Everything else looks fine..

ok, you got the costume... now I suggest to learn the character...

don't just "stand" there... Boba usually just...stands there aswell... but he takes certain postures...

I'd go and look ESB and ROTJ to see what he stands like when not doing anything (the ESB destroyer bridge, where he kind of crosses his arms with his gun leaned against the upper arm, or the ROTJ palace scene where the scenes are flippen...)

hiking boots =P u mean watch the movies and see how he stands or wht? cause im not sure where to look other wise

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I suggest to make a more canon Fett. Get some Yellow Zinc Chromate paint. Use this to lessen the silver on the armor. What I mean is color in around the edges of the silver like this:
DSC02823.jpg

Next, dirty up the armor some more. Make the wheat symbol dirty by misting it with an airbrush or even putting a rust/black mix on your thumb and just rub it on there. The key is to make it look like it got dirty at the same rate that the rest of the armor did.
Add some red back to the gauntlets. Then dirty them up as well. R_Boba has a great tutorial on gauntlets here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=8016
After all is said and done get some Dullcoat or even Krylon Crystal Clear Satin and dull the hard parts up.

Study pictures of Fett. Not only because of his stances but also for the details on the suit. I repainted several pieces of my armor because I didn't think they looked enough like the real thing.
BTW, I would love to see the freshly dirtied jumpsuit!

Here are a couple of classic Fett like poses that I use. You can never go wrong with the Jabba's Palace Fett stance IMO.
smlDsc02952.jpg

117755299.gif

Picture162.gif

smlDSC03003.gif

Attachments

• smlDSC03003.gif
    smlDSC03003.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Picture162.gif
    Picture162.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 117755299.gif
    117755299.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 193
  • smlDsc02952.jpg
    smlDsc02952.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02823.jpg
    DSC02823.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 163
Pavespawn said:
Here is what I suggest to make a more canon Fett. Get some Yellow Zinc Chromate paint. Use this to lessen the silver on the armor. What I mean is color in around the edges of the silver like this:
DSC02823.jpg

Next, dirty up the armor some more. Make the wheat symbol dirty by misting it with an airbrush or even putting a rust/black mix on your thumb and just rub it on there. The key is to make it look like it got dirty at the same rate that the rest of the armor did.
Add some red back to the gauntlets. Then dirty them up as well. R_Boba has a great tutorial on gauntlets here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=8016
After all is said and done get some Dullcoat or even Krylon Crystal Clear Satin and dull the hard parts up.

Study pictures of Fett. Not only because of his stances but also for the details on the suit. I repainted several pieces of my armor because I didn't think they looked enough like the real thing.
BTW, I would love to see the freshly dirtied jumpsuit!

Here are a couple of classic Fett like poses that I use. You can never go wrong with the Jabba's Palace Fett stance IMO.
smlDsc02952.jpg

117755299.gif

Picture162.gif

smlDSC03003.gif

Show off.lol

Attachments

• DSC02823.jpg
    DSC02823.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 160
well with an attitude like that you won't

^^^ haha, get it?

well besides being dad. I'd say yeah, you definately need to go back and work on weathering. The yellow zinc color aroudn the edges of the silvers and i'd say maroon the gauntlets and black mist them with scrapes of silver, not huge blotches

also. you need some wookie pelts

-=QuinN!

shade_99 said:
WOW yours is GREAT it puts mine to shame =(. yours is so good im never going to get it that good

Yours is not that bad! (y) You will be amazed at the difference after you go back and do some weathering. Knocking the shine off and the little details that I told you will make it look like a new.. err old Fett!

shortimer52 said:
Show off.lol
Okay that's enough from the peanut gallery! :lol: ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back