Neoprene under suit-second batch?

I'm good with whatever method the masses need. I'm not going to be working on the undersuit right away so it's not as much as a rush for me as it might be for those who want it before C4.

Honestly, I think I might prefer priority mail with insurance. I don't need it in a rush, but if for some crazy reason it gets lost in the mail I'd want to be covered for my $225 dollars. I know anything over 50 dollar value of insurance requires a signature, but that is OK by me.

Insurance is a must. That's how I lost mucho $$ cause the last time I lost a shipment, and it wasn't either of us' fault, but I gave him back his $$ anyway. I even had a friend try to track it down. The question is more for parcel post vs. priority.

I'd say priority since that's supposed to have a little faster delivery time. The less time it's in the system the less chance there'll hopefully be of something happening to one of the packages. It'll be a pretty penny either way cause of the weight. How heavy are you estimating the packages will be, ZIA? 20+ lbs since you're saying shipping will be in the $21-$34 range?

What shipping method was used last time?

I'd say priority since that's supposed to have a little faster delivery time. The less time it's in the system the less chance there'll hopefully be of something happening to one of the packages. It'll be a pretty penny either way cause of the weight. How heavy are you estimating the packages will be, ZIA? 20+ lbs since you're saying shipping will be in the $21-$34 range?

What shipping method was used last time?

Nope, 12 lbs. You have to realize, it's a LONG box 6"x6"x72" That's what is throwing everything off. Also, the usps has changed it's shipping in that the cheapest "mailing" is only allotted for media. They now cornering everything else and hike up the price. The quotes I got are for insured, long domestic package and priority.

Oh, and what I did on the first run before - USPS, parcel post (1 shipment got lost) and no insurance on the first 6 or so people. :( I won't be doing that again. It HAS to be prepaid Insurance. I would suggest priority too-less chance for them to mess up is a better feeling... :rolleyes

UPS- I checked the pricing. It is about $5.00 less, but truthfully, I won't ship through them because it's all the way across town. As it is, I have to make several trips because I own a dinky 4 door car with no trunkspace. I don't have a truck and I now have a child taking up a carseat. So, sorry, I can't save you guys anymore cash other than the choice of parcel post vs. priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, 12 lbs. You have to realize, it's a LONG box 6"x6"x72" That's what is throwing everything off. Also, the usps has changed it's shipping in that the cheapest "mailing" is only allotted for media. They now cornering everything else and hike up the price.

UPS- I checked the pricing. It is about $5.00 less, but truthfully, I won't ship through them because it's all the way across town. As it is, I have to make several trips because I own a dinky 4 door car with no trunkspace. I don't have a truck and I now have a child taking up a carseat. So, sorry, I can't save you guys anymore cash other than the choice of parcel post vs. priority.

Ah, okay. I was wondering if it was the weight or the box itself that was bumping the shipping price. 20lb did seem a bit much when comparing the price range you estimated with Usps' rate charts, heh.

IMO, a $5 difference is no biggie if using UPS would be a hassle for you.

arg, list open again, i need one more slot filled. Bounty hunters hunt 'em down! I also put someone's name twice on my excel sheet ::embarrassed Sigh.

Are you still one short? Should I ask Maggie at Padawan's guide if she'd mind putting the word out in her news section?

I have someone who is interested in the run Zam I Am. Im just filing them in with the details, they have joined on TDH but cant post for 24 hours so have asked me to register interest on their behalf.

So we may very well have the last person for the run :)

Ah, okay. I was wondering if it was the weight or the box itself that was bumping the shipping price. 20lb did seem a bit much when comparing the price range you estimated with Usps' rate charts, heh.

This was my exact thought about the box which is why I asked if UPS or FedEx had been checked. I have no idea how much this could weight.
Don't make this any more work for yourself to save us $5.00. I'm good with that. I remember the small car and kids, that's why after the second we bought a mini-van ;)

Hi Zam I Am

My names Anne and I saw Langsuirs666 post on one of the forums and would like to fill your last space if there still is one. I've been wanting to start a Zam for ages and am hoping now I finally can :) I am in the UK as well. I was in such a rush I haven't had chance to read the rest of the forum to catch up on all the details so I'll do that over this weekend.

This looks like a great site, I hope to drop in more often. Thanks to Langsuir666 for posting up on my forum.

If it's a goer I better start dieting and going to the gym to look good in the costume but as I am a novice at these things I may have more than enough time for that LOL

Anne

pm me with your :confused info, on the page 1 of this thread. I can't close the list and send out shipping info and recieve payment until I have ?: info from EVERYONE. So everyone please check your names on the list.

Today is 1/15/07
1)* Ice Heart
2)*Resilient
3)*sl/tk8456
4)*Seven
5)*KimnCris
6)*asok
7)*Zamovar
8 )*Laiori
9)*Droid Collector (Raul)
10)*Benekov
11)*Gotmaul
12)*BFett333
13) :confused Vader674 (need your email... lost it sorry.)
14)*Moncal
15)*Me*gonk
16) * tk2542
17)* Kay_Dee
18 )* Swannie17

The list is technically filled, but some people have pm'ed me with great interest, and if the people don't respond to my pm's in the next 2 days with the requested info, I may have to boot their spot off the list.

Wow...
Doing shipping quotes on the TDH via pm is too cumbersome. I have already sent a private message on the board to those with a :confused by their name on the master list for the information I still require of them. There is one person without an email, several without methods of payment and 1 without an address (I had to look their address up on a alternate board's profile). Please respond soon. What will happen is your quote and price will be given to you via email. I cannot put in the bulk order unless I have the money in hand and everyone's info correct. Please update any existing info if it is wrong and reply back to me. When everything is corrected, you may make arrangements to start sending in the money. According to the correct total cost. My paypal is zamiam@verizon.net. This message will be quoted in the email plus some extra info.

All will be shipped with signature confirmation. Those that have said they want priority, will get theirs shipped priority (2 day). Those that wanted it cheaper, will get it shipped parcel post. Anyone who hasn't responded in the thread that are receiving domestic US shipments~ I put the default to be priority. All shipments must have insurance calculated in the cost. For those with international shipping, I will include insurance and it will be sent airmail parcel post 4-10 days estimated delivery. (Global rates are a lot more I assumed the cheaper, the better.)
Remember, I still have to receive payments, put the order in, and there's a 2 1/2 month turn around. Sigh. I hope people can make it by C4.

An Email with your costs will be in your email inbox soon!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back