Neoprene under suit-second batch?

Speaking of Leotards, has anyone sewn in a elastic loop at the bottom the pant leg to go around your heal to help keep the pants down from bunching?

Lemme start a new thread on the consensus. Then I can figure out how to make this list of buyers work and post final price. I have been out sick with the stomach flu. Moncal, double fabric is nothing like Leotard fabric. It has a "stretch jean" type quality. Not quite plain leotard.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZamIam... I was being facetious :)

I realize it won't be like a leotard but just to be careful on the thinner fabric cause you might lose the look of the accurate suit.

Deadline I need to hear your votes by the 16th. I am thinking it's heading towards the neoprene. Once that is decision is reached (after the 16th), I do want to have the money in hand if possible to place the order this month. So, please, if you know anyone that hasn't responded, please help me get their info -- especially the :confused people that haven't responded. The ones who haven't responded are making me think there will be a price fluctuation, or that I will have to open up the list again. The price is holding steady looking to be $225.00 not including shipping for the people listed, if everyone that first signed up stays afloat and sends me their info. I can work out shipping costs to each individual later, once I recieve the $225.00 from everyone to place the initial orders. If the people with the :confused by their names are serious about sending the $ then I can get the ball rolling. If I don't hear from them as far as their mailing info etc, in the next 3 days, then I will have to reopen the list and take them off. I am hoping to get the $$ at least before the 24th, to make the order of neoprene. Please don't send me money until the results are final.

Is there anyway the order placed could be after Christmas ? These holidays are going to be tight (thus the massive amount of my collection in the cargo hold)...

I know i am not on the list but i like the neoprene, i tend to think go for whatever is most screen accurate and thats the thicker of the two i believe? I know it can be hot and annoying but i suppose so can a Vader undersuit, a Biker lid etc etc but ppl just put up with it :) Id hate to see Vader in a lycra suit because he was hot in the leather LOL

List open! I put Sl/tk 8456 to replace a person. 3 people had to leave the list.

Zam,

Sorry I've been so hard to get in touch w/. I've had to put costuming on hold due to an increase in classes on top of my two jobs. My boyfriend's costuming projects won't allow him any time to help me out either.

I'll keep an eye on your threads during a more appropriate time.

I really appreciate your offer.

-Jacq. :zam

I need four more buyers that want onto the list before I can call in the order. I will be starting the research on shipping costs to each person this week.

I need 3 more buyers that want onto the list before I will give everyone their final shipping costs and accept the $$$.

Great !!! just 3 more, and we are in !!!

Thanks ZIA, and c'mon guys, jump in the "hole" ... add yourself to the list :D ... It may be now or never !!!

Is the list still open for 3 more people?
If there is still room on the list for one more person I would like to add my name.
me*gonk - Katrina Andrews
I'm assuming I PM my address info to ZamIam?

hello everyone, i'm over from the 501st forums...

i'm interested ..have read the entire thread, but is the order for
a) neoprene backed
b) thin backed
c) a bit of both, to do pants in neoprene, and top in thin one

?

Hello - I'd like to get in on the Neoprene order. The way I see it, I better take what I can get while it is available! I suppose I need to PM you my information ZamIAm?

Is my understanding correct, that you are not changing the color from your original run? And that this fabric we'd be ordering is in fact a bit darker than the costume we've seen in person at FIDM?

Thanks

Including cami duncan and Kay Dee, List is closed. I have to get all the shipping info info from everyone and post s&H&ins prices to everyone's email. Then when I recieve all the payments, I will call the manufacterers to start production. If everything works with them, I will be happy this is finally outta my hair.

To answer cami duncan. Summary: All like the first batch. Tricot neoprene.
Kay dee said:
Is my understanding correct, that you are not changing the color from your original run? And that this fabric we'd be ordering is in fact a bit darker than the costume we've seen in person at FIDM?
Yes a little darker like seen on the movies. Look on the this thread with the pic above with the wrinkle comparison. You can see my neoprene in the costume above, compared to the FIDM Zam in the above pics. This link also shows color similarities as compared to the movies.http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=10631

kay_Dee said:
a) Can I get a swatch before deciding? I'd like to see the color and thickness in person
b) Do you have photos of someone wearing this type of neoprene from a different run just so I can see what it looks like? All the various discussions on types of fabric and photos of different members in their Zam cotumes just has me confused as to what is what. Or is this a brand new run of a color and thickness of Neoprene that has not been done before?
c) How many yards do we get? What is the width of the bolt & What is the price? Is this going to be more than enough to make one costume?
ZamIAm said:
I am sorry that I linked the second page, not the first page. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9994 You will find the list on that page.

Can't quite answer a: I don't want to just send swatches out to people who aren't committed about being on the run and willing and able to pay for the material. There's enough info on the threads linked about what it looks like and the thickness.
http://www.zamiam.com/ZamIAm/Neo 1.html just for history alone in the research of the material.
To answer b:First two costumes were from my first run. Moncal's won the costume contest trophy at CIII.
My suit was also from the first run. Tons o' pics there. www.zamiam.com
Iceheart said:
Iceheart
Gaeriel's suit now owned by Holly B. From the first run of fabric.
061.jpg

MonCal's suit:
myzam02sm7cj.jpg

The original suit:
431~Zam-Wesell-Episode-II-Posters.jpg

Answer to c:, All the same material, same color, same thickness of the first run, etc. $225.00 plus s&H&ins by debit paypal or check or money order or western union for 5 yards , width 60" Hopefully I can get the lycra at 62" and enough to make only one costume with some practice material. (I was a size 12 in mine.)

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 151
I am sorry my fi'ance has informed me that if I am going to buy any fabric, i will be walking down the ilse in it,..... (since i haven't pruchased my wedding dress yet)...I thought for a split second...you know, going donw the isle as zam...but i can't do that.

i'm sorry i have to decline the run...

*i might not be zam down the isle but i sure as hell will be kicking myself down the isle for not being able to get this *

:(

arg, list open again, i need one more slot filled. Bounty hunters hunt 'em down! I also put someone's name twice on my excel sheet ::embarrassed Sigh.

For all those on the list that are domestic US recipients, would you rather US parcel post? or Priority? Usually it's a $3.00 difference.
YIKES! The United States Postal Service is a small fortune there... Most of the domestic shipments are costing around $21-$34.00. It used to be half that several years ago. The only discounted rates now are for media mail. That stinks... Just FYI guys.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back