Finished Mandalorian

I have to admit...some of you people do awesome jobs when it comes to your custom mandalorians...and this is no exception!!! Great pick with the colors and I have to say I really am impressed with your utility belt. Can I ask...what did you use for a base for the belt? Would really like to hear the building process you used in making that piece. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the many compliments everyone! I have to congrat everyone who can replicate the movie versions to every last detail. Now that is some serious dedication and talent! Doing your on thing - you're only confined to your imagination.

The belt is police issue and the pouches are a couple of ammo, beeper and cell phone. The larger pouch is a fanny pack, located in the back, that hides the voice amp. It has armor on top of it to blend it in. The canisters are pvc caps and connector peices. I have a stormtrooper neck seal and a pair of goth/industrial boots that I had laying around. The under suit is a pair of Kung Fu pants (cotton) and an UNDERARMOR long sleeve top. The vest and kama (commando skirt) are a fake leather/pleather material that someone made for me. Okay, it was my mom but she did a great job! The cape is a med. black cotton material. The armor is sintra. (Jango style but I added blast points etc...) The blaster is a KENNER stormtrooper type - Heavly modified with a new scope, extended tip, buttons etc... The helmet is a fiberglass MH a prop builder made and the guantlets are a plastic/resin material also from a well known prop builder. Somewhere on this board is my work in progress pics.

Looks great...I'm not usually one for customs,but this one has a very fluid look to it the way things come together ......I'm liking the paintjob as well. (y)

Steve

Yeah man, that looks really good. I especiallly like the one with you and chatterers. How long did it take you to make? And where did you get the helmet and gauntlets from?

Thank you!

I started searching/gathering the items since August and finshed 2 weeks before Halloween. The helmet is a Boba Fett - MSH FG bought on EBAY, needed a little work plus repaint. I believe the seller still post some helmets there currently. The guantlets came from a link from TK409 (vistit the site). Those guys were great to work with. Thanks again!

PS
Chatters was just a guy at a club that my wife and I went to on Halloween. Not to many were in costume, but it was a goth night so maybe they were. We were the only ones in "extreme" costumes.

:lol:

I plan on painting my armor along the same colour sceam I was debating wether to do it or not but now there is no dout its what I want thanks man

I don't get into customs that much either, but yours had me staring and picking out all the little details for quite a while. Awesome job man! You don't need any excuse to wear that bad boy out! Just do it (insert nike swoosh here)!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back