Gauntlet blueprints

I have added a render of the right gauntlet 3D model to the first post. I still need to do some tweaking but the hard part is done. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Alan

OK! I have updated the first post again and here is the first look at the gauntlet templates. These have been the hardest piece of Fett hardware to document; even the jet pack was easy by comparison. They are not finished yet and I still need to test them by building moc-ups, but they are nearly there. Once they are complete the scratch building can begin.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
hey great Autocad work. I'm in my 2nd year workingwith the program, (mainly residential housing design) and plan on making templates for TDH users. I'll make a post when i make the templates. :)

Hello, can anyone help me here? Im in need of blueprints with measurements for everything for a jango AND a boba fett costume.

Im a 501st SL, SL-8582 from garrison titan, and the STT,
And looking into moving into a fett costume. Im looking at working on a jango first as the paint is easier than boba.

Please email me, or pm me any links you might have.

Thanks

Also, I have a rubies RSDV cloak Id be willing to trade for some fett parts. I have a line on the helmet and armor, but still need basically everything else. Im (if I can get detailed blue prints with measurements) going to make the jango parts out of aircraft aluminum for a more authentic look.

Let me know,

Thanks

DM

Im looking for actuall measurements if I can get them. This way I can make the flat layout of the pieces and do the folds, shrinking and stretching the metal as necessary. your blue prints are very nice, but have no measurments to them, which is what I need! if you had a measurement for each line on the blue prints they would be perfect! The only add to that might be add angles to them, where needed.

Without actuall measurements,... pictures dont help much. And you have to do alot of guessing, and create alot of waste trying to get it right.

As I said they still being developed when thay are done I will be posting full size printable templates that will include all the details that you will need to create a set of gauntlets from scratch. For an example, down load the PDF attachment of the Sling gun in the first post of this thread to get a feel of what I am planning to do with the gauntlet drawings.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=14474

I won't be posting any dimensions until I have completely mocked up the gauntlets so as to ensure that they are correct. So I am afraid that you will need to wait until I am satisfied that they are ready for posting or you can buy a kit for $200 there are a number of excellent craftsman on this board that put out quality work.

I have created a number of Fett templates and most of the scratch built equipment that you will see here on the board is a result of those templates.

Alan

P.S. One more thing to consider I post all of my templates for free.

Edit: I don't know if I read that used 3D Max to design the gauntlets (maybe i just saw it in scanning) but I was wondering if you designed those in SolidWorks.

thanks,
rob

No the Gauntlets have been done completely in AutoCAD. I am in the process of learning Solidworks, but I am a long way from being product with it yet. At some point I will most likely bring them in to Solidworks, to make it easier to resize them, but it will be a while yet.

Alan

Edit: I don't know if I read that used 3D Max to design the gauntlets (maybe i just saw it in scanning) but I was wondering if you designed those in SolidWorks.

thanks,
rob

Hello,

I know that I have been away from these for awhile and many folks have been asking on updates for Boba’s gauntlets templates. Well you are in for a pleasant surprise. I have to admit that I have been extremely frustrated at my lack of progress on these templates. They have been the most time consuming and complicated Fett project that I have done so far. So at the encouragement of MOJO-Fett (Gavin) I have managed to finally get the draft set of templates near completion and Gavin took on the tasks of reorganizing my mess of template parts into a much more user friendly form, from which he has done a fantastic job assembling the prototypes. Thank you my friend!

There are a few more thinks to work out before the final templates will be posted, so stay tuned!

Material used is 1mm Foamex (Sintra) So on to the pics;

BF Gauntlet Template Protypes.JPG

BF LT Gauntlet 001.JPG

BF LT Gauntlet 002.JPG

BF RT Gantlet 001.JPG

BF RT Gauntlet 002.JPG

Thanks to Alans great work...(y)
Ignore the colours, I only wanted to show some colour on them as it showed more of the details... (only cans i had) :lol:

amazing......!!you won't bealive this, but right now i'm working in your blueprints too!!! but of course, ala PVC WAY!!!! ;)
maybe tomorrow, will post some pics....
ALAN, my Boba will be only cause your brillant work...thanxs again...

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back