How do I TOPICALLY paint my jet pack?

slave1pilot

Well-Known Hunter
How do I TOPICALLY paint my jetpack?

Ok , many of you have been watching this thread;
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9564

Now it's time to paint the damage on the JP body.
I was going to layer it, but I had some paint problems (see aforementioned thread).
I now have to paint the damage on topically.
I have no idea how to do this. I don't want it to look like it was painted on.

It's painted, has the decals on it, and an acrylic wash over it.
I'm going to paint another coat of "Dullcote" over the wash before I start the damage.
Here's were we are right now.

jetpack wash.JPG

OMG :eek:

That thing is awesome !!!
It looks like you already know what you are doing.check out some ref. pics and just do it. I used a toothpic so I could keep so control of where the paint went. I'm not a pro though.
Wow........ (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go at it with a small paint brush man. You're talking about the silver scratches right? They won't look painted on.:)

I know I'm probably too late with any suggestions,but let me start by saying DON'T add another coat of Dullcote over your final wash...it's what gives it a 3-dimensional appearance. Once you Dullcote it down it takes it to more of a 2-D appearance.....trust me,I had this experience already with my armor components. By layering the weathering it builds up to give a natural look of age which is what we're after. If you just seal in it all to one base level it will look stagnant and artificial.

Oh,and if I am too late you can always go back in with some very watered down wash to build back up some layers. ;)

On to topical....the key here is to do it before you start the washes. Again if I'm too late,you can build it back up with a minor wash. Again,the key being to build on the topical scratch's to add an appearance of age.

Steve

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back