Original Helmet Cast ?

Here are a couple more shots. The keyslots are on the way to me, they were apparently a separate piece.

ZZ_Jango_Back.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Profile.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:....
Okay I know we don't know all the details about this bucket....BUT Guys/MIRAX, you have to admit it looks pretty close....... That's just me.
Again, Nice find DAZ...(y)
bobamaker said:
Here are a couple more shots. The keyslots are on the way to me, they were apparently a separate piece.

ZZ_Jango_Back.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Profile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome and def.close...the only thing I see off from one to another is in the second batch of pics Im looking at the forehead triangles and it might be like you said distortion of the image,but the cast triangles look taller and wider where as the pic of the movie helmet the triangles look more long and narrow...but def. could be compression distortion from the camera or photo program...

Very nice regardless...good find!

that comparison shot is much better than you originally posted. I agree with JD, its definitely the most accurate out there-

The only thing I could gripe about, is the casting itself. It looks to be at least a second generation, from a silicone mold. Notice the soft distortions in the piece. These are usually caused by the silicone mold not staying securely in place during casting. If a better mold could be pulled from this one's predicessor, or a properly restored copy, this could indeed be the Jango equivilant to the mystery helmet. Seriously good find. (y)

I can't say for sure if this 2nd generation or not, but what I do know for sure is that the guy that made the moulds did it on a VERY tight deadline... these things would soon be missed !! I would summise that the moulds would certainly be a little ropey because they were rushed.

All these imperfections are minimal and are easily remedied with a little work patience.

I've attached a shot of the helmet front. Also a few of other items I got with lid. The missile is blank on one side, I don't know if Jango's was this way or not, anyone got a photo of it? The missile is a little too rough to use but makes a great size reference. The chest piece has a superb curvature, the pictures don't really capture this.

ZZ_Jango_Front.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Chest01.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Chest02.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Chest03.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Collar.jpg

ZZ_Jango_Missile.jpg

judz dwedd said:
The only thing I could gripe about, is the casting itself. It looks to be at least a second generation, from a silicone mold. Notice the soft distortions in the piece. These are usually caused by the silicone mold not staying securely in place during casting. If a better mold could be pulled from this one's predicessor, or a properly restored copy, this could indeed be the Jango equivilant to the mystery helmet. Seriously good find.
smilie_thumbup.gif

Wow! I have no doubt in my mind that this stuff is the real deal! Look at those cheeks on the helmet...they're exactly like I've been telling people they should be...

Yep, the cheeks are very shallow compared to Boba's.

Foxbatkllr said:
Wow! I have no doubt in my mind that this stuff is the real deal! Look at those cheeks on the helmet...they're exactly like I've been telling people they should be...

that breast plate looks dead on ! the only breast plate I have to date with that curvature is Turo's...that's because he added on Bondo and worked from there. Great find man !

After having seen the additional pictures and additional pieces that bobamaker has posted, what I can tell you is that these pieces have been known about and there is an effort in the works to acquire copies directly from the original owner. All the pieces that are shown have been independently verified and they all appear to be legit.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back