UK Paints.

The Original Guru

New Hunter
Hey, guys and gals.

Sorry I haven't been posting much...I've just had too many things on my plate as of late.

This is going to be a bit of a silly question, but a while back, before I registered (I think), I was doing a bit of research on TDH for UK based paint schemes and suppliers. I remembered using the search function and I did come up with a pretty good list of colours, but that was a couple of months ago, and being the mong that I am, I forgot to bookmark that page...Yeah, how dumb am I?

Unfortunetly, now the time has come around to start looking into things again, low and behold, I can't seem to find the pages I was looking at before.

I was just wondering if any UK based Fettheads here know of any good threads that can help me nail down some of the paints (and/or locations of where to get them from) I will be requiring for my bucket/armour? I ask this, because, obviously the brands and colours we use are named differently to our counterparts in the States. I mean, I will continue to look, but if anyone has any advice, it'll be greatly appreciated. :)

Oh, if it helps, I'm planning to go down the ESB bucket/AOSW armour route.

Cheers,

Mark.

Im in a similar situation, trying to source accurate colours for an ESB helmet here in the UK :(

I have bought some acrylic paints from HobbyCraft which seem close-ish but I'm going to paint up a piece of scrap plastic in the same way Id paint the bucket and see how they look. When I get round to it I'l post pics and ask the boards opinion on the colours.

I was given the list of colours by bobamaker. PM him and he can send you the list. I dont want to take credit and pass on info that he spent along time researching.

Hope that helps a little.

Cool avatar by the way . . .Spaced is ace!

talk about timing.

I painted the base colours of my helmet with tamiya paint yesterday.

The olive green is good but you have to mix it with alot of white and i little bit of blue.

I used standard flat red mixed witha small amount of blue, black/green with a bit of extra black in it for the cheeks.

I cant remember the name of the colours i used on the back but ill check tonight.

Once they dried, that looked preety spot on.

I used tamiya paints
-BobaFett- said:
Give Tamiya paints a try (y) They do a olive colour which should be alright

Try this thread for bobamakers colour list

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?p=117164#post117164

these are what I used, apart from the dome and lower cheeks, for these I used Humbrol Dark Green 32 (personal choice)

If you struggle getting any of thse paints (some are being discontinued) i've got a couple of spare bottles you could have for a couple of quid.;)

Jon
BH1195

Still needs a bit more weathering but heres a few pics to give you an idea
boba1.jpg

boba2.jpg

boba3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that 'Folk Art' are being discontinued. So I have now found the colours using other brand names, I've got an updated list showing all the new colours, please PM me if you would like a copy of this pdf file.

The dome and cheek colour that I've chosen does look a little light when first sprayed, but believe me, once it's weathered and sealed the colour looks dead right.

DAZ

bobamaker said:
I've noticed that 'Folk Art' are being discontinued. So I have now found the colours using other brand names, I've got an updated list showing all the new colours, please PM me if you would like a copy of this pdf file.

The dome and cheek colour that I've chosen does look a little light when first sprayed, but believe me, once it's weathered and sealed the colour looks dead right.

DAZ

Cheers for that Daz, I did actually get the paint for the dome but as you said it looked too light. I'm going to repaint my DP95 in the ESB styliee so i'll give it a go on that one.:)

Jon

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back