Marrow Sun Painted Helmet !!!!!!

DarthMiller

Well-Known Hunter
As many of you know I was the lucky winner of the MARROW SUN painted helmet on EBAY last week. YES I know some of you think I am crazy to pay $1300 for a helmet. Let me first say that I truly admire MARROW SUN and his artistic ability. I also know he is a well respected member of the TDH.

now...the helmet...WOW....MARROW SUN is the freakin MAN!!!! I can not even begin to describe how incredible this helmet is. I personally feel like this helmet is worth $2000. This type of paint job takes not only incredible skill but it also takes TIME!! I can't even imagine how many hours went into this helmet. I think MS said if you take the price I paid and divide it by the hours he put in on this project it comes out to about $9.00 an hour. In my opinion I am the one who got a great deal.

I just wanted to thank MS for this piece of ART. He did a INCREDIBLE job and I feel truly lucky to have this helmet!!

OK...here are some additional pics of this MASTERPIECE!!!

oh and by the way in about two weeks the rest of my costume comes in from MAN of WAR including his ROTJ jet pack!!!!

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just........wow. Worth every penny, and many more!

If indeed you were crazy to pay that much, it's only because you received a crazy awesome helmet.

Shoot!!!

Every time I see that thing I have to change my paints. Just saw it on the SG boards, now here. Running out of paints.

Helmet is obviously incredible. I can imagine how happy you must be to own this piece of art. And art is what it is. Like all art, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Let's not forget that this was an auction which means that someone else, who didn't win the auction, was willing to pay just under $1300. Congrats to both you and MS, who is the happier party?

you have to see it in person..the pics do not even come close to the real colors. something about the camera and lights really makes the colors look different!

shortimer52 said:
Shoot!!!

Every time I see that thing I have to change my paints. Just saw it on the SG boards, now here. Running out of paints.

it will be for a display...but I might wear it on a special occasion!!

tk7602 said:
wow...

so, will you be wearing this, or making a display?

i can't imagine risking someone whacking me in the head with that thing on!

Master-Jedi-Allma said:
Its a great bucket!(y)

Why the ROTJ jet pack when its an ESB bucket?
Or is there no difference between jet packs?....

Mason.

In the STAR WARS visual dictionary they have pics of a FETT with the ESB helmet and ROTJ jet pack. Looks really cool so I decided to do that version

shortimer52 said:
Shoot!!!

LOL, the first time I read thru this I thought it said "change my pants" :lol:
But I could see that, too.
Eric

I just nabbed a marrow sun helmet, in raw unpainted condition. Lets just say I knew what I was getting, and Although Im glad to have a helmet I can start on, the craftmanship, was far lower than I expected.

I have alot of work to do!

I just nabbed a marrow sun helmet, in raw unpainted condition. Lets just say I knew what I was getting, and Although Im glad to have a helmet I can start on, the craftmanship, was far lower than I expected.

How do you know it's a MS did you get it from him, his buckets have always come VERY clean with minimal clean up and practically ready to paint with the exception of cutting out the T-visor area. IMO his are the best available and that includes BM AND SGTF! I really have to question the source of your information because I have a MS and it is a true work of art. Would you care to post some photos including the inside, I can tell you if it is a MS or not.

...unreal...and uncool...

I own a MS_1, and an MS_3 and I couldn't be more impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.

I've got an MS3 and it was ready to paint (after removing t-visor area). Totally clean. I think you've got something other than an MS original. MS signs the inside and numbers it, so if that's not there, it'd be suspect.

(y)

No pictures hunh? Do you even know what your really talking about?:rolleyes

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back