Star Wars Costume Exhibit: Zam???

I am going to buy just one ticket then. So that I can change and not have to go back in. I am shocked that Mr. Black would make it seem so difficult. As, he's the FIDM email correspondant. Maybe he's not the "proper personell."

Thanks Andy-you have been so entirely helpful in so many ways. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another reason that he might have told you that they only have port-a-potties available for you is because the large multi-stall restrooms that they do have in that building are on the second floor near the admin offices. An area that, during the gala opening weekend, they only let students, staff, and the event costumers go to. They probably don't want general attendees running around up there where it would be harder to supervise them. An additional Padme costume is up on the second floor near the elevators and they have to be protective of that aswell.

It's too bad that you can't make it to the exhibit on the 9th, Zam I Am. That day's an official 'Fan Day' where a bunch of us from the san diego, OC, and LA groups will be working shifts. You would have been able to get in on that and use the dressing areas we have. :/

Resilient said:
Another reason that he might have told you that they only have port-a-potties available for you is because the large multi-stall restrooms that they do have in that building are on the second floor near the admin offices. An area that, during the gala opening weekend, they only let students, staff, and the event costumers go to. They probably don't want general attendees running around up there where it would be harder to supervise them. An additional Padme costume is up on the second floor near the elevators and they have to be protective of that aswell.

It's too bad that you can't make it to the exhibit on the 9th, Zam I Am. That day's an official 'Fan Day' where a bunch of us from the san diego, OC, and LA groups will be working shifts. You would have been able to get in on that and use the dressing areas we have. :/
It's ok, California events are KimnCris territory ;) I just want to wear my costume so that I can see how accurate/inaccurate my costume is after 2-3 years of research. All I want is confirmation of how good a job we zammers did. But yea, I hope that Oct 22 won't be so entirely busy and I can have adequate bathroom time and usage at the downstairs "one" bathroom at least. .

See Yvonne, the Zammers got you covered. ;)
beside they'll be plenty of us at Fan Day to ask questions and get some answers from the staff so we can sort this out for ya.

I'm going on the get there on the 8th anyone else? I'm meeting some friends coming in from the East coast to go. Love to go on Sunday but already commited to King Tut on Sunday. Drop me a pm.
Christi

YAY! I gots me some "LAZ-ER" pointers! (said with Dr. Evil voice) Zam I ain't said he's gonna hook me up with a frame, I might just duct tape them onto my calipers instead. Muhahaha!!! Stupid me undid the lacing on my skirt, hoping to fix the length, Now I am going to have to put it back together before I leave!

Zam I am
I am not sure if you have already secured a place to change into your costume on site there at FIDM. There is a FIDM SCHOLARSHIP store. (looks like it is ran by students and they sell alot of old vintage time good will clothes and assessories) it is on the corner of the block right next door to the school. I was in there killing sometime before I went into the exhibit..it looked to me like they had dressing rooms (curtians) so..maybe that might work out for you, I dont' see why they would have a problem with you changing in there. When I was in there NO one was using the dressing rooms.

You can call FIDM and ask them about that.

Gonzo Fett said:
Zam I am
I am not sure if you have already secured a place to change into your costume on site there at FIDM. There is a FIDM SCHOLARSHIP store. (looks like it is ran by students and they sell alot of old vintage time good will clothes and assessories) it is on the corner of the block right next door to the school. I was in there killing sometime before I went into the exhibit..it looked to me like they had dressing rooms (curtians) so..maybe that might work out for you, I dont' see why they would have a problem with you changing in there. When I was in there NO one was using the dressing rooms.

You can call FIDM and ask them about that.

Wow thanks! That would save me from having to change in the car.

I am soooo excited. I feel like a little kid again about to goto the amusement park for the first time. Muhahah! Thank you MAUL MAUS!!! Thank you Got Maul, for pushing me to go, and Manos for posting saliva inducing pics, and Andy-K for all your help. Let's just hope that my camera won't wig out. I have to black tape the flash. UGH! Hopefully Maul Maus' stuff will come out ok. Giddy giddy giddy... --just had to get it outta my system :wacko hehe

Pantone chart, leather swatches, research book pencil, camera, extra mem-sticks, video cam, mounted lazer pointers, costume,batteries, cell phone, mommy mayhem material, Museum tickets, plane tickets, anything else? I know it's weird, but I wish they had the stand up next to the costume, cause I want to see the difference between the hero suit and the exhibit suit.

Here are my pics of Zam from the exhibit.

zam13dv.th.jpg

zam24iv.th.jpg

zam38jy.th.jpg

zam46gt.th.jpg

zam58qd.th.jpg

foxbatklr- nice shots, what size rez did you take it at, and tell me about your camera, I feel like my 5 mega pixel will turn out crappy because of the auto-controls. Do you have certain settings on it? Your shots are pretty darn clear.

Heh, my camera is a whopping 3.3 megapixels...I think you'll be just fine. I don't have a museum setting or anything and I couldn't use the flash because of the rules. Fortunately, Zam is pretty well lit. Unfortunately the Palpatine costumes that I was interested in were very poorly lit and none of my pictures came out.

The original size of the photos I posted are double that size (1600x1200). With a 5.0MP camera your photos will end up blowing mine away.

Thanks Foxbatklir for the great Zam pics! Can't wait... less than a week to go! :D

Which Palpy costumes and shots were you looking for exactly? Maybe I can get them for you?

Yep... we're gonna have to get a pic of ZIA next to Zam! :)

Definately! I am so hyped up. and only have 3 hours to pack tomorrow with baby interruptions! Arghghgh!!! I have to goto the hospital to get my eyes worked on today and have to work all night. Talk about last minute every thing!!!

MaulMaus said:
Which Palpy costumes and shots were you looking for exactly? Maybe I can get them for you?

In particular the red velvet one from ROTS when he declares himself Emperor. Good luck though, it's almost completely dark in that section of the exhibit. I'm also interested in the one next to it with black and brown colors. It's the one he duels Yoda in.

Cool ... The Red Imperial One and the Duel with Yoda one.... Are you looking at the details for costume making? Or just generally interested in the overall costumes?

Charging my second battery now! I'll see what I can do!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back