Weathering using "blackwash" Help

pennywise

Well-Known Hunter
I am interested in using the "blackwash" idea on my ROTJ jet pack. I saw someone say to use "blue" windshield washer fluid and black acrylic (or what ever other color one might want to use with the black for a more dirty look). My question is why "washer fluid" and not just water? :confused

pennywisesweetooth said:
I am interested in using the "blackwash" idea on my ROTJ jet pack. I saw someone say to use "blue" windshield washer fluid and black acrylic (or what ever other color one might want to use with the black for a more dirty look). My question is why "washer fluid" and not just water? :confused

My guess is because the chemical components in the washer fluid kind of break down the paint a little bit, toning the contrast and at the same time kind of "melting" the colors together for a more subtle, natural weathered look. From what I've heard thats what I'd make of it.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back