Cooling ribs on ROTJ blaster barrel help!

pennywise

Well-Known Hunter
Please help! I'm making a ROTJ blaster from scratch. I can't find anything to make the ribs with. They appear to be 3/8"-1/2" plastic T-bar you would find at a hobbie shop. So far I can only find 1/4" and that's too small. Anyone know of a good source to find this item? Thanks (y)

You could make a mould of one of the wiper blades then make resin copies. It will take about .5kg of pour in RTV silicone.

Good luck

AFettFullofDollars said:
I believe the actual item used for the movie prop cooling vanes were windshield wiper blades.

That's what everyone thought they were. According to the Insider the ones on the trooper blasters were plastic t-track from a sliding door. If Fett's are different then who knows. But they do look to be the same as the trooper guns.

I think Ill go pick some T-bar up......I cant afford windsheild wipers, mabey I could just hang around in the Wal-Mart parking lot and "borrow" some.:lol:

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back