Another scratchbuilt.

Kripps

Active Hunter
Not to bore everyone with another helmet, but I've been working on this in between my other projects for the last month or so. Version 2.0 was severely undersized so I decided to make another helmet.........and I actually pulled off making a half way decent mold of it! This one is 278mm wide without the ears.........247mm front to back, and best guess height wise is about 275mm. I still have to reconstruct the RF earcap and permanently mount the visor.........a little padding and I'll be good to go. I'd like to upgrade the RF stalk with aluminum and eventually the RF also but I have other things to finish up now.
:) Sorry about the pics..........think I've said it before but my camera is junk!

front5tj.jpg

frntlft0ux.jpg

frntrt9vq.jpg

backright5uu.jpg

leftrear8wz.jpg

mugshot5fh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well..First let me say...I had the PLEASURE of being asked to help Critique this BAD BOY by Josh(y) ...he asked if I could be very candid and honest about his work during the rebuilding stage. SO of course I jumped all over it.:love ...
Periodically Josh sent me updated pics and asked me to be very candid on all the details of his bucket...that was fun!!;)

**I personally want to say that he is Extremely talented...as you can see..
PEOPLE, this thing is "SCRATCH Built" in every sense of the word!!!

Not only is he talented in this BUILD-UP process but as you can see he is an AWESOME Painter. I consider him a one of the Great ARTIST on this board. To me Art is truly what this is......

So I salute you Buddy Josh...we are lucky to have you on this board.:cheers

And maybe ...just maybe , this will be the first of the "NEW" alternative Bucket in the works..;) ........wishful thinking...:p

Again Great Work my friend:cheers

Hey man thats hot. Nice paint job!!!!

Is it me or does the stalk seem to sick up a little bit straighter than most. I guess I have rf stalks on my mind lately. sigh... Either way- Looks Fantastic.

(y) (y) (y) Kripps dude... I'm humbled by your skills... you by far have THE BEST paint job in all of New England now... hands DOWN! Bravo!!!!

You have GOT to show me some tips!

Spideyfett said:

And maybe ...just maybe , this will be the first of the "NEW" alternative Bucket in the works..;) ........wishful thinking...:p

Here here! I must add that some of us are even luckier to have you in our area. Not enough can be said about your incredible skill and your a humble SOB too! As always, INCREDIBLE JOB! (y)

Spideyfett said:

Christo Fett said:
Here here! I must add that some of us are even luckier to have you in our area. Not enough can be said about your incredible skill and your a humble SOB too! As always, INCREDIBLE JOB! (y)

Firstly, Thanks Alex........you da man. Too kind as always..........(y)
and Christo.........:cheers .........closest thing to a handshake we have here;) . Hows that table coming along?

:rolleyes yeah well... you have skilled people... and you have not so skilled people... and theres people who pull off as stunt like this and can now be seen flaoting 300 miles above UBER SKILLED!!!!

SWEET BUCKET!!! :D :D

Thanks alot for the kind words everyone, I really like this one. Think I'll be keeping it!

Mr BobaFett said:
That is very impressive (y) are there pictures of your previous scratch built helmets on here ?

Very impressive (y)

There are a couple of threads in here but I wish I could get rid of em know because they're really not worth looking at compared to this one.:facepalm

Thanks again everyone!

Josh

My GOD Kripps....and this started from a batting helmet? Hard to believe the level of skill and overall artistic ability some of you people have(y) ! Lemme ask ya...all in all...how much did it cost you to scratchbuild this thing (starting from the helmet, bondo, sintra, parts, etc all the way to the paint)? Just curious to know because with effort and patience this just goes to show that a lot of us can have a really great looking prop if we follow your lead. Please keep providing us with tutorials and more of your Fett props to drool over. Outstanding work my friend!

Unbelievable. It's incredible to fathom that that is made from scratch. You just crank these suckers out! You've gone down in Fett history for sure (y)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back