ebay purchased metal armor review

Icedevil

Well-Known Hunter
I'm sure many of you have seen the listing on ebay for "Star Wars replica Boba Fett armor." for about $50 and wondered for that price what it was like. I wondered the same thing, so I ordered a set.

The armor consists of the collar, shoulder, chest, cod, knee, and at the last minute the maker through in the backplate. It's made from aluminum roof flashing and he will also paint if whatever scheme you want. I chose ROTJ.

It took about 2 weeks for the armor to be completed, and arrived a few days after that via priority mail. It was packed a little too well, bubble wrap on some of the smaller pieces and LOTS of newspaper. I had some trouble finding the tiny chest diamond among all the sheets of newspaper.

It's quite a bit thinner than I expected, but the paint job is pretty good for such a low price. Most of the battle damage seems to be the actual aluminum underneath the paint and not painted on. There is even a painted on chest display which looks very real. One disappointing part was the back plate, as you'll see in the photos, doesn't really look that good at all. It looks like you have four different ways to put it on. The knees are an ok shape even including knee darts which look fine as long as you don't look too closely.

All in all I'd say it's an excellent starter set for a beginning fett costume builder, and for the price you can't really go wrong. Now, on to the photos! http://community.webshots.com/user/pniesz

I have all Sintra Armor except for the knee armor from this Ebay seller. It really looks good. It is very thin, but the paint is good and in the end, for me anyways, it's only the knee armor!

The guy did a good job and you can tell that he took his time with it. It is no FP armor, but like IceDevil said, it's a good starter set and I am very pleased with it!!! The seller also incuded the elastic strap!

Johnny, when did you get this armor? I sold my stuff on Ebay and I'm trying to track it. Hopefully someone finishes my incomplete job.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back