dgasser's ESB Resin Blaster finally done

dgasser

Active Hunter
dgasser's ROTJ Resin Blaster finally done

Well. I finally got my ROTJ Blaster Finished before CIII... (thanks from some help from Got Maul) :cheers.

I bought this resin kit years ago and got it and the raw pictures are at this thread:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=4297

But here are the Final pics"

IMG_0168_1.jpg

IMG_0163_1.jpg

IMG_0173_1.jpg

IMG_0177_1.jpg

IMG_0179_1.jpg

IMG_0175_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great!! :cheers

but the ROTJ stock doesn't look like a wooden one... does it?? I tried every possible way to get the wood look of of my scratch build thingy... wich actually is a piece of wood. so I bondo'd it heavily, and sanded almost everything off.. that together with the paint did a nice job I think...

I believe the true ROTJ stock is actually resin casted off a wood one. We decided to take a little artistic side route with going what they TRIED to represent :) besides, looks classier.

:) yeah looks awesom!!

and a wooden stock looks more like a real gun indeed... imo a non-wooden-looking stock :p looks indeed more like a spacy futuristic blaster thingy... gues it depends what you're aiming at.

but are those silver scratches on the stock? that would indicate iron.. wouldn't it? I'm just a little confused here... the AOSW pics even show silver scratches on the leather ammo-belt :confused

Thanks for all the compliments. Got Maul did a tremendous job on the paint job I just had to sand my butt off and put the thing togther so it would be a strong as possible. I drilled out the middle of the barrel and put in a very long threaded rod to hold the pieces together. So if need you could disassemble it if you needed to.

(Love the avatar GotMaul).. where's mine?

Thanks Superjedi.. From what it looked like in the beginning I was a bit worried but I'm suprised by the end results.

superjedi said:
You know, I've seen that tutorial on sci-fire.com before. Man! The results are excellent! Great looking blaster.
Eric

I love the Frog Juice!!!! ... You just made the ineventible happens by dropping.. The darn thing has been broken 2x before getting to cIII but it has character now.!!!! Battle damage is good.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back