My Bucket progress (PIX)

Shinobi Fett

Active Hunter
Hey Folks.

Here's where I'm at with my helmet paint job. The liquid masking fluid works like a charm! This is very preliminary, and the red is too clean still. That will change! Whaddaya think so far?

Helm1.jpg

Helm2.jpg

Helm3.jpg

Helm4.jpg

Helm5.jpg

Helm6.jpg

Hey there!

I already have my visor ready to go. It's a RJ Safety visor. (featured on TK409's site) I had meant to chime in on the discussion when people were talking about them. The company was severely back ordered on them just before C3... go figure! I dealt with them n the phones, and they were not very communicative, but they said they had a "mysterious" large run lately and they didn't know why. (I did though...) Overall, it took about 3.5 weeks to get my faceshield, but I did.

Anyway, back to my bucket, I will be working on the back section and ear pieces next. More pix to follow!

Shinobi

Hey!

Got some more painting done over the weekend! Lots of work still to go! Marrow Sun's painting jobs is inspiring me to go totally nuts with the detail! Hoping for really good screen accurate feel. Maybe its impossible to get every scratch, but the overall look. Whaddaya think?

Shinobi

H1.jpg

H2.jpg

H3.jpg

H4.jpg

Thanks!

The red is not as orangey as it looks in these pictures though. Its Tamiya Dull red spray. There's a ton of weathering detail to go, plus a little misting with black for good measure.

Shinobi

:D wow!! I've heard so many bad comments on the DP 97, this one looks great, and your paint job only makes 10x better!!

Well thanks!! The problem I've heard about the DP97 is warping ans its size. There's not a single warp in this, it was in pristine condition! In addition, the size is not far off. It fits my noggin perfectly. With the right paint job it does wonders! Look at your bucket, it's a rubies Jango, right? It came out PHENOMENAL!!!! So it all depends on the effort that goes into it.

Shinobi

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back