scratch JP opinion

chewiepal

Active Hunter
Hello!!, I´m building a JP from scratch but at this point, I don´t notice that the central part was out of scale...........I was happy with how it was, but now I don´t know...........looking all the pics I use for reference, in many, it look closer...........but in other it look fatallllllllllllllll!!!!!
I´m considering cut the bad part and replace it.......but this could destroy all the good work.............what do you think? continue with this, or try to resolve ?..................

jpresice1.JPG

jpresice.JPG

JPM2.jpg

thanks SF..........but the central part it´s biggest than others..............I don´t want to be the one with a REFRIGERATOR in is back......... :(
maybe with a good paint it may be less obvies.................. :cry

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks fine. If cutting it out and replacing it isn't too much trouble for you and you are going for total screen accuracy then go ahead otherwis I say leave it. I am building one also but mine is kind of a custom made pack.. not really screen accurate but screen similar is what I would call it. Just until I have the dough to get a pack from rex.

I agree, finish this one, it looks good!!!

and make another one, or buy another one when you have enough time and money.

yes, maybe with the errors here I´ll learn to go for the right one................thanks, I will keep posting the progress in this one...............

The tube size looks fine to me. its just setting a little to far out, the rocket will be way out there. OF course look at the prepro 3 suit, That jet pack is huge.

yes...maybe because I look all the stuff in this place(and all are not from the same JP) Im get confuse............but for this moment will continue with this one.......maybe, if I
get millonaire(ja) I will buy one of this beautyssssssssss around there.......
thank so much for you positive comments

well, i think it looks sweet...considering i have not starting anything..coz is too daunting...i have only cut out the body...

i wonder what u use to till those pipes(those are PVC pipes right??) at the edges??

BLEAHHH, you mean how I glued the pipes? I super glued the pipes, and put some putty in the inside edge´s to give some durability................

thats ALOT of putty!!

i am still looking for big doses of putty-like substances to fill the gaps...any recommendations?

YOU KNOW WHAT I USE TO FILL BIG GAPS? POLIESTIRENE......THE HARD ONE..............I JUST CUT A PIECE SMALLER THAN THE HOLE, AND GLUED IT WITH SUPER GLUE....AND I SCULP ON IT.......SO I USE LESS PUTTY............IF YOU SEE IN MY JP, ALL THE PIECES ARE MADE IN POLIESTERENE AS BASE, AND THEN I SCULP A FINE SKIN OF PUTTI ON IT...................

another pic of my progress.....................I have add the two tanks and the inyectors..........STILL LOTÓ WORK TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagen 029.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back