What do you think about this ebay won item?

Making a copy from an existing item isn't the way to go, I think. I would go with one of the fiberglass or resin buckets that some propsbuilders here at TDH offer.

I have a question that is kind of off topic but relates to ebay bids...

Why are there so many "Private Auctions"? There are few Fett items that I am interested in but the seller has LOADS of items up for private auction. The only reason that I can think of is that you can bid on your own items under another account to raise the price. Why would E-bay allow this? I know that Ebay started this to protect bidders on high price collectibles... but too many people are using it.

Am I just paranoid ?

johnnymac said:
I have a question that is kind of off topic but relates to ebay bids...

Why are there so many "Private Auctions"? There are few Fett items that I am interested in but the seller has LOADS of items up for private auction. The only reason that I can think of is that you can bid on your own items under another account to raise the price. Why would E-bay allow this? I know that Ebay started this to protect bidders on high price collectibles... but too many people are using it.

Am I just paranoid ?
No, I don't think so. It's a very valid question. With Private Auctions you are prevented from feeling secure when bidding on an item and whether or not the buyer bids on his own item, as you mentioned.

Though, if you know the guy who is selling or know people who have bought from him or her, you could gain more confidence in bidding on the item if those give the green light or thumbs up or whatever it's called.

Also, even though feedback is also hidden, you can still see the feedback score - if there is a lot of negative then that most likely means that seller is bad and tries to hide why he or she gets bad feedback, though, if the score is 98%+ positive and no recent negatives, well... then I would think that seller is about 95% trustworthy, though, if you still have any questions, then simply contact seller with your concerns. Talking with the seller can eliminate or strengthen your doubts in his or her fairness.

JangoUri said:
Well, the helmet usually costs that price....
Fort this reasson the auction I won was so strange
Not strange, just put on auction without the high start price or a reserve price. Perfectly normal and is more like a real auction where bidders decide what an item is really worth, rather than seller, imo.

You won that auction at that price - his loss if you had completed the sale. If he had refused to sell it to you or had made demands you could have reported him to eBay, also, if paying with PayPal you would have had some buyer protection.

Though, I can understand your concern: some people should just not be allowed to use eBay, 'cause they scheme and cheat and steal, so it is always a good idea to be prudent rather than foolish and have a good sense of... hmm... not doubtfulness... but definitely good common sense. Oh... and always check sellers feedback before bidding - a sure thing to avoid mishaps.

Anyone selling a good Jango Fett helmet for a big head like mine??? I am interested in something the size of the mistery helmets...any help is welcomed...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back