Do you really need the gauntlets?

Callista

Active Hunter
Do you really need the gaunts?

Hi,
im trying to finnish my fett costume for the end of september for my birthday.....but i really dont think i have the skill to make the gauntlets....or the money to buy them

i might try and make them out of pape mache (im ok at that..) but they might look a bit kack...

Is there anyone out there who didnt/hasnt (got) have gauntlets???

ZOE

back in the day, i made my gauntlets from aluminum duct pipe. I know I have them here somewhere. let me take a pic.

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

1d.jpg

Parts used:

aluminium duct pipe (for dryers, etc)
some pvc piping
plum bob (cut down on the bandsaw)
an empty cigarette box
3 small empty staple boxes (for a staplegun)
tape
drywall plaster (used as a glue which I molded to fit)

cost: about 10 bucks. Are they the best things in the world? Nope, but they worked for what I needed until I got a real set. So, as long as you have access to some materials, I have no doubt you could make yourself a temp set to use. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! thay look well class!!! Im impressed!!! I dont know how im going to make them...but ill do it somehow......thanks for all the tips!!

Z

Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you are and am planning to give building my own gauntlets a try.

I found this thread on TDH that has some templates on it that may help you out. (thanks biomechaniod56 for posting them)

Gauntlet Template

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back