Rigging helmet Fans

Bleahhh

Active Hunter
I have bougt a small computer fan (abt 5cm in diameter, really compact and silent!) and all the battery holder and wires. But i wonder how u guys rigged the fans in....show us some pics!!

I havent put my fans in yet but plan to soon, I bought laptop 9volt fans so they would sit sideways so air can flow better.

here is my fan setup .hope it helps . one fan sucks air in thru the ear piece that i rigged to slide up and down . ( or , open and close )then pushes it up to the visor to keep it from fogging . when i get really hot i open it all the way as pictured and stand into the wind or under an air vent . it does work great .

the other fan sucks the air inside of the helmet into it and pushes it to the back of my head and out of the back key slots , so i have a circular circulation inside the helmet .

later , cory

http://photos.yahoo.com/cory_parker@sbcglobal.net.

i have found that the fans are quite useless unless you have about an inch of space behind them. cant push air out if theres no air behind it

problem ive got, heads too fricken big. i cant even get the little detailed resin piece to fit on the slots in the back of the bucket, wouldnt be able to get my head in then. sucks lol.

Frank

Trust me... if you're walking around in that bucket for more than a few hours you'll appreciate having a fan installed. I've trooped in 90 degree weather without them before and almost passed out from the heat.... add the helmet and at least there's some air flow.

BobaFettSlave_1 said:
i have found that the fans are quite useless unless you have about an inch of space behind them. cant push air out if theres no air behind it

that is correct . and that is why my set up really works . in my pics in my reply above , you can clearlly see that the " intakes " of the fans are not obstructed at all .

later , cory

BH2372 said:
here is my fan setup .hope it helps . one fan sucks air in thru the ear piece that i rigged to slide up and down . ( or , open and close )then pushes it up to the visor to keep it from fogging . when i get really hot i open it all the way as pictured and stand into the wind or under an air vent . it does work great .

the other fan sucks the air inside of the helmet into it and pushes it to the back of my head and out of the back key slots , so i have a circular circulation inside the helmet .

later , cory

http://photos.yahoo.com/cory_parker@sbcglobal.net.

Where did you get those fans?

i got those fans at fry's electronics.they where about $20.00 each .the battery packs are from radio shack . about $4.00 each .

i added a pic to the photo album with a tape measure in front of it .the fan is made by sunon as seen on the fan lable . you can see fry's at frys.com .i do not know if you are able to get them from the web site or not .

someone I.M.'ed me about how i put them in ... i didnt think about replacing them at the time so i epoxied them in . i guess i'll deal with that when the time comes .i suppose i could have used velcro .

i did however epoxy some bolts to the intake side of the fan that brings air into the helmet . thus giving it a little more room to breath . i think i had to because the fan was rubbing against the helmet . but it worked out for the better . a pic of this is also included on my album above .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya they look compact, the problem with regular fans, is you need space in the back for air to circulate, cutting holes in my helmet isnt and option I want to do to. The blower type fans should do good near the bottom.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back