FP backplate/armor review

Well folks, I made some real progress on my FP stuff this past weekend, & thought some of you might like to see how it looks painted up. Mine is ESB style of course:lol: Once more for the record: THis stuff is just fantastic!!! One of the best fett purchases I ever made. No more armour upgrades for Jango's kid:lol: The first pic is indoors at night w/ rather poor lighting, the rest are outside in the evening. The last one I was trying to show you guys how the collar/backplate junction works. LMK what you think. Thanx agian to FP!!!!
Damian

728fpesbjkid3.JPG

728fpesbjkid.JPG

728fpesbjkid2.JPG

728fpesbjkidcollarjoint.JPG

Yup. It was a real pain in the butt though!!! I screwed up on the skull once, and the wheat symbol twice!!! Lotts of extra sanding down & repainting. I like the way they turned out though:)

Here is what can be done with FP's armor, it is head to toe all styrene, except his fg gauntlets.

It is the best!!

The only parts I don't have are FP's back plate and the butt plate.... He didn't have the back plate when I did mine over a year ago. :(

Lynn

Ft34.jpg

Rt_full.JPG

Lt_sd.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynn TXP 0369 said:
Here is what can be done with FP's armor, it is head to toe all styrene, except his fg gauntlets.

It is the best!!

The only parts I don't have are FP's back plate and the butt plate.... He didn't have the back plate when I did mine over a year ago. :(

Lynn

I have to say...I've always thought you've had one of the best ROTJ Fett around Lynn....Now I know why....FP Armor.. pretty sweet.(y)

Anyone have exact measurements or more importantly HINTS on how they cut their chest light slots out? Thanks! On my old set I scored with an X-ACTO knife and dremeled with a sander. It was a royal pain in the you know what. Any easier methods?

webchief said:
Anyone have exact measurements or more importantly HINTS on how they cut their chest light slots out? Thanks! On my old set I scored with an X-ACTO knife and dremeled with a sander. It was a royal pain in the you know what. Any easier methods?

PM SENT;)

You got vaced or glass Chief??? Guess it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. With vaced you can keep cutting w/ exacto as GM suggests. W/ glass you can't really do that. What are you using for your dremel bit???? I used a super tiny metal etching bit on mine. (I have a glass set) It takes a bit of time, but not too hard. Then finnished it up with a piece of sandpaper taped to a wide/thin piece of metal to get flat edges. It really helps if you have a buddy help you by blowing air on the armour w/ an air nozzle. That way it will get rid of all the dust so you can see your lines clearly.
D

My styrene set should be on the way soon, and dang any doubt I had about what it would look like is no gone! I was afraid it was going to resemble sintra, just too flat for my tastes! Can't wait to get it now!

Frank

wait, so this is fiberglass chest armor correct?

Looking from other peoples posts it sounds like it is harder to cut the slots for the chest light digital display. This is a contributing factor to whether i go with plastic or fiberglass armor. I really want to go with fiberglass but if its ridiculously difficult to cut the slots I might think again.

It sounds liek you said yours was fiberglass so what method did you use to cut the slots?

thanks

-QuinN!

Mine is fiberglass. I used a dremel with the fine tip (engraving?) bit. I went very slow and after the rough opening was complete, I used a metal file to sharpen up the edges and corners. It turned out really good I think.

Pavespawn said:
Mine is fiberglass. I used a dremel with the fine tip (engraving?) bit. I went very slow and after the rough opening was complete, I used a metal file to sharpen up the edges and corners. It turned out really good I think.

Mine is FG as well. I have yet to try this, so I appreciate you letting us know how you approached it, Pavespawn. I think I need to get a smaller bit for the old dremel. Thanks!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back