ESB Helmet Progress

UPDATE *** JULY 18th ***

Well I never had a chance to get any work done on the weekend but I had a few hours today. Today was both positive and negative. I made some pretty huge errors today:cry and I've had to apply some fresh POG in places and I'll have to redo the weathering in many places:facepalm . There was a major catastrophy with one of my paints. Anyways at this point the visor is in as well the MQ-1 and the RF post and 3 piece RF. The color is a bit wonky in some of the shots but enjoy :) and more to come in the next few days after I'm totally done weathering and installing the interior.

5.JPG

6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My MQ-1 won't fit because my head is too big! :cry But yea, looking amazing! Same question, how do you do that dulling effect?

Frank

MARROW SUN said:
Thanks Alex, the helmet is just a regular MS bucket. I ground off the earcap assembly and bolted in a three piece earcap.

I told you it would work!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

thats an awsome collection you got. and an EXCELENT paint job on that bucket.(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Thanks for the positive response guys. I achieved the dull dusty look by misting gray and brown primer over the surface of the helmet from about 2-3 feet away then got in close with the airbrush and applied rust in areas. When its dry I rubbed the surface with scotchbrite to blend the misted colors together.

Okay J....I want one.:eek:

This thing looks AMAZING..:eek: ....
You did a great job...I love the BLACK gel coated inside...nice(y)
How did you get it so Smooth inside??

Last edited by a moderator:
MARROW SUN said:
:lol: :lol: It would take a Canuck to pick that out now wouldn't it?!:lol: :lol:

Just like all the Americans use the plastic tubs to carry their armor around, and all the Canadian guys I've met use hockey equipment bags, right Graeme? ;)

Spideyfett said:
You did a great job...I love the BLACK gel coated inside...nice(y)
How did you get it so Smooth inside??

Thanks Alex I did a little sanding on the inside, then I coated it with that black rubberpaint used for rockgaurd on vehicles. I ended up sanding some of that off to cleanup a couple spots so I painted the whole inside with krylon semi-gloss black. The foam in simply glued in with hotmelt and the visor is glued in with CA. I was going to go even further and black silicone it in but I wanted to leave some gaps to help vent the moisture from breath.

MARROW SUN said:
Thanks Alex I did a little sanding on the inside, then I coated it with that black rubberpaint used for rockgaurd on vehicles. I ended up sanding some of that off to cleanup a couple spots so I painted the whole inside with krylon semi-gloss black. The foam in simply glued in with hotmelt and the visor is glued in with CA. I was going to go even further and black silicone it in but I wanted to leave some gaps to help vent the moisture from breath.

Sweet...8)

I think a lot of people tend to forget about the the inside........unlike PIMPED OUT "GOT MAUL's" Bucket.:lol:

Someone contsct the authorities!! MA has stolen a helm striaght frm the LFL vault!!!

Holy CRAP that's a great paint job! Makes me inclined to payeven closer attention as I paint mine. Question for you: What color is the "smudge" color that is present on the dome and lower cheek green? It looks like either; grey, darker olive green or even purple-ish grey.

Shinobi

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back