BKBT Jango Conversion Pt. 2, Painting Has Begun! *PICS*

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
Well, I've finally finished all the mods to my BKBT Jango Fett bucket. It is now a Boba Fett bucket that will be finished in the RotJ paint scheme. I've just finished getting the base colors on it as well as the kill stripes. Now comes the fun part...

Progress pics and updates will follow...

Cnv0009.jpg

Cnv0038.jpg

Cnv0044.jpg

Cnv0045.jpg

obi sean kenobi said:
I'm not buying the cheek color - seems too ESB/Brunswick Green. If its ROTJ it needs more of a blue/green hue to it.
OSK

That's interesting, because the color I used on the cheeks is American Accents 'Antique Blue'. It doesn't have a hint of green in it. Maybe it's the lighting of the shot.

SpideyFett- After looking at BKBT's build up photos and the crispness of the mold I had to have one. I've never been a big Jango Fett fan but this helmet is absolutely beautiful; symmetrical, not a single mold line on the whole thing. I didn't even have to sand or primer it (except of course for the modifications I made) before painting. I know it doesn't have any lineage to a screen used helmet, but as far a lore goes...it did use to be Jango's. 8)

PLUS, I LOVE the squint of the visor on this helmet. It's a little more narrow than the Mystery Helmets, so that may be one more thing that makes it less screen accurate, but it gives me a one of a kind Boba Helmet. For now at least.

Reverend Scapegoat- I plan of weathering it topically. I don't have SpideyFett's skill for doing the layered paint scheme. The only part I paint using the layer effect is the killstripes.

AFettFullofDollars said:
SpideyFett- After looking at BKBT's build up photos and the crispness of the mold I had to have one. I've never been a big Jango Fett fan but this helmet is absolutely beautiful; symmetrical, not a single mold line on the whole thing. I didn't even have to sand or primer it (except of course for the modifications I made) before painting. I know it doesn't have any lineage to a screen used helmet, but as far a lore goes...it did use to be Jango's. 8)

PLUS, I LOVE the squint of the visor on this helmet. It's a little more narrow than the Mystery Helmets, so that may be one more thing that makes it less screen accurate, but it gives me a one of a kind Boba Helmet. For now at least.

Reverend Scapegoat- I plan of weathering it topically. I don't have SpideyFett's skill for doing the layered paint scheme.

Sweet....There ARE SOO many different choices in buckets now , I think they ALL have different things I like about ALL of them....

And don't kid yourself.....you have some serious Painting skills...I might get you to paint me one.....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your helmet is looking very good.. there must have been a fair amount of altering to do though, a job well done (y)

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
See you did an awesome job on my helmet, but youll soon out do that one and then ill have to buy a new helmet for you to paint. I love your work!!!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back