Inow same question but i still think its too big for me!!

The size should be fine but regardless you WILL have to reshape it in order for it to look better. You could heat it up with hot water, a heat gun or leave it in a hot car in the sun. When you cut the black, plastic visor piece out and add a real visor it will help support the correct shape more. Also, you can stuff the bucket with newspaper or something after you get it shaped to help KEEP that shape while its cooling.

Last edited by a moderator:
To shape mine, I heated it with a heatgun and when I had it flared the way I wanted it, I took a metal clothes hanger, cut it and bent it to fit the curve of my helmet and hotglued it in around the back.

Callista said:
IM A GIRL!!!!

LOL
Defintely!
The first indicator should have been the name! Second should have been the pictures but sometimes people disregard both. LOL

I used a one of those gold metal craft rings in mine to keep it in shape. I just cut it down to what I needed. Here are a couple of pictures that might help. The one of the craft ring is kind of blurry, sorry. If you search on here you can find others who have done a better job than me. There is a welth of info on this subject.

helmet1.jpg

helmetring.jpg

Hi again,

ive dun everything the opposite way to what people have said...cos i removed the visor...i got really carried away so took a saw to it!!!...then my dad helped me with the jigsaw. Ive sprayed it silver after i sanded it and primed, but i tried it on again today....and it still looks way too big for me....im getting really worried now :( :facepalm :cry

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=7857

this is my other thread i posted a while ago

will post some pictures when i can get a willing person to take some of me.
My shoulders are pretty small, im gunna put on mi jumpsuit (unfinished) and mb my chest peices (also unfinished)...but i think these are 2 small for me too!!!! :cry :(

im so stressed...really upset...need people who know what fett should look like to help me...my sister just laughs (shes a big fett fan tho) and my parents just think im wasting my time!!!

please help me....as soon as i can post some piccies!!!

Thnaks again.......Zoe

First Calm down, take a breather and step back and lets see what you got. As we said in the other forum do not worry about the helmet being to big, the helmet is huge on Bullock, it is a big helmet.

As far as I could tell you need to shape the helmet a little and it will be fine also, what is the problem with the chest armor? To small? you might just be stressing over nothing. Boba Fett's costume is in no way perfect in itself you you have to look at it from what is my budget to how can I get as close as I can, noone can match the costume perfecly 100% so dont lose sleep over it or anything.

I seem to recall from your other posts that you can sew. Have you thought about putting shoulder pads in your flightsuit? It might help the helmet look a little smaller in comparison.

Cal is right, no one has a 100% screen accurate Boba. Just take your time and when you start to get frustrated, put it down for awhile and do something else. When you come back to it, you'll see it wasn't as bad as you thought. :)

Yeah, I have TK armor and the bucket looks gigantic for ANYONE, incuding myself, that tries it on. But once that neck liner and and shoulder pads are on it realy makes a difference. As stated above, with the armor it will look perfect.

-Tony Vida; TK 3204; Austin, Tx

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back