Headset Microphone Replacement?

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
I have two of the Radio Shack voice amps, and over the years, both microphones have gone kaput (shorted out).

I bought a Logitech computer headset that works okay as a replacement, but the downside is that the speaker units cover my ears, which further blocks out sound inside the helmet. I don't want to try to modify the headset, for fear of damaging the unit entirely.

I've heard that some cell phone mics work okay, but they require an plug adaptor that is iffy at best. Any luck with these?

I've also tried the RS lavalier micrphone, which I wired into a headset from years back, but there's too much feedback inside the helmet.

Has anyone found a decent replacement behind-the-head headset microphone for the RS amps, with a 3.5mm mono plug? I don't want to have to buy a third system, just to get the microphone.

What about a computer mic headset? there like 10 bucks at radoishack. They have logitech ones that promise 0 feedback.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I HAVE a computer headset, but the speakers cover my ears, so it's hard to hear outside noise/chatter/voices, especially with a helmet on.

What I'm trying to find is a cheap headset 'mic only', without the speakers.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.