ESB to ROTJ gauntlet conversion...

@ JFJ....:lol: bloody hell dude... take a look around instead of being focused on all green... :p cheapo ref material... tsss... if I'd buy a ref cd itta be 6 dollars more then your ref material, wich is about different on every pic... sjees, there are some shots wich show his armor to be blue!!!!!! :p

@superjedi... just take a look around for some nice shots of the used stuff for the film and then re-paint it... it's all very possible... eslecially with ROTJ, because of the great ref material, just pay attention if you're looking at stunt doubles or the "good" screen used, my under shells of the gauntlets for instance have stunt double weathering, while the upper shells have "screen used" weathering...

I don't know how good you are with paint, but I think that even if you should be a newbe at it... people here, like me ;) , will be glad to help you out with some tips. Just don;t be done with basic colouring, making it a 1 colour, wash some colours on and mist to get a great and believeable effect. With the right brush you don;t even need spray cans or air brush, you can just paint it on, gives a personal touch to imo... and more control...

here's the rest of the hose connections.. changed it a bit.

I sewed an elastique strap into my jumpsuit sleeve, and attached those rings for keyhangers to the hose, then a carabiner in between and the hoses are attached very easily.

I might need to put the strap a little higher though.

attached carabiners.JPG

carabiner.JPG

elastique strap.JPG

hose connected 2.JPG

hose connected 3.JPG

GREAT IDEA! (y) (y) I have been struggling with how I was going to do this, and by gosh you have it. (y)

What did you put inside of your hose? I have not noticed that before, but it looks great.

Gator

thnx for the compliment :)

and the black inside the barbed hose, is just a rubber hose from an air supressed water spray that was damaged at my work and I was allowed to take it home.

because I was ESB syled, I only had 1 hose. at first at was even terribly inaccurate, the black hose with a wooden dowel init to connect it to my gauntlet.

then I finally got the barbed stuff, and I just pulled it over... well... just, that was a pain actually, but with hot/cold water and some soap it slit over very well.

the other 2 that I added recently because I'm goin to ROTJ is something else.
It's also black rubber tubing but I got them from some place else.

if you look at the previous pictures you can see I used the end piece of a flexible pipe that's used for allowing water to go through your tap in the sink. As I sawed the connection piece off, you could pull the braided iron wire off, and all you had left was a normal flexible black ruber pipe, very simmilair to the one allready in the first hose.

it's not really accurate, but because I wanted the other 2 hoses to look simmilair to the one I allready had, I pulled the transparant braided hose over the now to the gauntlet attached connection piece I had sawed off earlier and there it was.

3 braided hoses, firmly attached with a black rubber pipe inside them.

here's a pic showing early stages that it was just one black hose. never left.

black hose.jpg

:D whhhaaa 3 hurrays for Gator Fett!!!

who send me these buttons and the LED for nothin!!!

now I just feel guilty... what can I do to return the favour :p ??

anyways, I couldn't install them on the right gauntlet due to lack of room (dart instalment)

but heres the left one!!!

might make it functional :)

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

That is awesome! And those gauntlets look terrific! When I saw your picture of the washes my eyes nearly popped out! That is some incredible work. I hope I can get mine looking that good.

I am sure you will pavespawn!! you're suit is coming along awesome!! you got the painting skills!! :cheers

ow my bloody hell!!

all of the credit gose to gator fett, who provided me with all the info I needed AND the LED light and the switch!!!

here's the LED... actually working now!! for free!!
my teacher provided me with some wiring and the connection point for the 9V battery, wow!

it works!!

LED working.JPG

LED working 2.JPG

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back