eBay Sellers To Avoid

I think what bothered me more than the crappy merchandise was his attitude about the whole thing. All I did was ASK if I could have my money back. If he'd only replied with something like "hey, man - you've had the things for nearly a month, I'm sorry but no can do" I would have been fine with it. But instead I get:

"Lying git! I dont hire stuff, I sell it! Classic case of trying to con an honest seller! Just to let you know I've now blocked you from bidding on any more items."

Whoa. There's one heck of a threat, huh? :lol:

- Jow!

Jep, bought my Jango's from him to when he was still selling under the name of "frank-n-son" only (i wouldn't be suprised that it was shut down due to the many negative responses from buyers, so his know since a couple of month as frank-n-son 2 (what ingenious creativity!)).
Had the same problem with the shape and no accuracy at all. I took me a whole week (doing not much else) to bring them to the state that thea are in now.

Also I get to know his sloppy attitude to customers, as he should have included not only a sabredart but a grabbing hook too (which was missing of course) it took me 5!! months of emails and waiting to finally get that furter piece of crap (I mean the mainbody is quiet nice from alluminum but the wings are just a gag. It looks more like a Flash Gordon Rocket!).

But I was young then ;) and hadn't got an idea that there was a miraculous forum out there, which could have saved me a lot of nerves.

So how about a good - bad sellers list, where you only state what happened without too many answers to it, so anyone hasn't got to read themselves through a couple of pages, but has gets all info at one look?

PS: I also noticed his blocking thread. After a fellow german mandalorian (admfrancis) ordered also a pair of Jango's and they were even worth than mine, he tried to get back his money for that crap (which he didn't get as you may guess). Shortly after that, he added a general note to his auctions that no german bidders were accepted!!! I'm wondring how that guy can still find anyone to buy from him?! But I guess it's mostly noobs like I was then who fall into his pit.

Last edited by a moderator:
SlackJawedYokel, I'm sorry you had to go through all that trouble. Quite frankly, that really sucks! I know it can be heart breaking to recieve a piece that you are so excited about and having it arrive at your doorstep looking like a piece of crap.

I had to work with a pair of those "Frank and Son" gauntlets that I bought from an ebay person who was very dissapointed in them as well. I bought them for my "Two Day Fett." Here is the thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=7900.

My pieces arrived in the same condition as yours did. However, Here is what I did, I did a little trimming on the inner part of the gauntlet as to make it not so bulky. Then I stuck it in boiling water for a few seconds and the fiberglass became mushy. I then formed the piece again and it finally fit together. I also added hose connectors, reset all the darts, and gave it a new weathering paint job. The final product was surprisingly pretty good. It's not screen accurate, but most people don't know it.

I wish you the best of luck with your gauntlets my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes also been selling crappy recast Predator Bio Helmets, along with the description it stated 'item may have cracks in the surface this is where it has been released from the mould' Ive seen his gauntlets as well and to be honest they do appear poorly made (recasted) whatever :angry

I bought a set of gauntlets from him. Never again... ever! It took him weeks to deliver (I believe he sells guants and armour on eBay, THEN makes them!!!) loads of emails, including several saying that he'd had problems with the glue. And then when they arrive the fibreglass is shoddy and the ABS plastic bady cut. Bobamaker now gets all of my custom.

Oh dear, hes got a fiberglass Vader helmet up now, shocking shocking stuff, checking his ebay feedback you can see he bought up a load of casting equipment, obviously just trying to make a quick buck, shameless.

hi there
im new to this forum but would like to add my say in this discussion on frank-n-son-part2.
slackjawedyokel, maybe you would like to start again and tell the truth on this matter, i know frank-n-son-part2,ive seen your original emails and the insulting ones you sent,if theres a conman on this forum its you.
as for the guy who said he cant bend the bottom shells in place, its polymer glass fibre,mine squeeze in just fine,if sjy had listened to what he was told ,the gauntlet bottoms fit inside both sides, this would have avoided any damage to the weapon, any one could see that.

however after seeing sjy 's emails i think that maybe the tdh should also have a thread for lyers and conmen and by the way his wife doesnt suffer from downs syndrome.

hi there bobafettslave 1
just to cheer you up ,i wont be staying on this forum, if one person can lie and mislead then what other bad info is out there.

newfett said:
hi there
im new to this forum but would like to add my say in this discussion on frank-n-son-part2.
slackjawedyokel, maybe you would like to start again and tell the truth on this matter, i know frank-n-son-part2,ive seen your original emails and the insulting ones you sent,if theres a conman on this forum its you.
as for the guy who said he cant bend the bottom shells in place, its polymer glass fibre,mine squeeze in just fine,if sjy had listened to what he was told ,the gauntlet bottoms fit inside both sides, this would have avoided any damage to the weapon, any one could see that.

however after seeing sjy 's emails i think that maybe the tdh should also have a thread for lyers and conmen and by the way his wife doesnt suffer from downs syndrome.

You better be right when making such glaring observations. I to had my run in with Frank-and-son LEt me just say I dont have them anymore. He isnt completly lieing I know first hand that what I recieved wasnt what was pictured. I wasnt going to say anything because I know Bigaboy to be there go to guy.

BTW you cannot squeeze anything. IT will break.

hi there
this argument isnt about the quality, ill let people decide that for themselves on his feedback on ebay.
im talking about the claim of asking for his money back and the so called attitude he recieved, i cant show the emails he sent without permission from fns.
fns have refunded anyone that has asked when theyve not been happy, he did not ask for a refund until 2 months later down the line.
and the pic of the gauntlets he posted at the top of this thread showing fully built gauntlets but his claim they were all broken up ????/ hhhhhmmmmmmm.
i do know however that they have been working on producing a better, cleaner sharper set of gauntlets because they have had emails from people who have asked for this but at the same price as they cant afford the top notch gauntlets. i can post a pic i was sent of the new casts ( prototypes though) there still working on the moulds.

newfett said:
he did not ask for a refund until 2 months later down the line.

Per his original post, he did not receive the gauntlets until 2 months after he bought them.

SlackJawedYokel said:
OK, so back in mid-March I bought a set of "Finished ESB Boba Fett Gauntlets" from eBay Seller Frank-N-Son-Part2. They didn't arrive until the second week of May.

newfett said:
and the pic of the gauntlets he posted at the top of this thread showing fully built gauntlets but his claim they were all broken up ????/ hhhhhmmmmmmm.

Once again, read his original post. He never claimed they were 'all broken up.' He said the paint was a mess and the gauntlets did not fit together.

SlackJawedYokel said:
The paint job was a gloppy green mess with silver splotches. I thought I could just sand & repaint them, but then there was the problem of trying to get them to fit together. Nothing was aligned.

Only after following the instructions to squeeze the parts together (as you also say he should have done) did he say anything came off of the gauntlets. I have no first hand knowledge of this transaction, but before posting a counter to the original post, please do us a favor and READ the original post.

hi there
his email from when he recieved them is about 2 months ago, he asked for money back last week.
his email dscribed them as smashed up ( story changed on the forum)

xaoslord said:
Per his original post, he did not receive the gauntlets until 2 months after he bought them.

Once again, read his original post. He never claimed they were 'all broken up.' He said the paint was a mess and the gauntlets did not fit together.

Only after following the instructions to squeeze the parts together (as you also say he should have done) did he say anything came off of the gauntlets. I have no first hand knowledge of this transaction, but before posting a counter to the original post, please do us a favor and READ the original post.

also check his ebay feedback for a description of state

newfett said:
hi there
his email from when he recieved them is about 2 months ago, he asked for money back last week.
his email dscribed them as smashed up ( story changed on the forum)

I think people should cease accusing people of being conmen or liars and focus on the fact that SJY is merely expressing his experience on eBay. Whilst I can understand why you are sticking up for your friends NewFett, it isn't really your place to do so, and then throw accusations as well. If FNS have any input on this let them do so themselves. TDH is not a place for throwing accusations, I have my own opinions on certain sellers on eBay, and whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion they should remain courteous to other TDHers. I'm sure this is outlined in the COC.

Dan

even if they are lying.....oh well,ok i will say no more on the subject as i agree , fns is in the room with me and said he is not wanting to join in as hes not really that bothered,if someone talks to him reasonably , he works with them, if not he doesnt,end of conversation and back to other things star wars.

mandalore697 said:
I think people should cease accusing people of being conmen or liars and focus on the fact that SJY is merely expressing his experience on eBay. Whilst I can understand why you are sticking up for your friends NewFett, it isn't really your place to do so, and then throw accusations as well. If FNS have any input on this let them do so themselves. TDH is not a place for throwing accusations, I have my own opinions on certain sellers on eBay, and whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion they should remain courteous to other TDHers. I'm sure this is outlined in the COC.

Dan

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back