UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes

The original image was the image straight from the top post, except coloured it. It's a shame people have to ruin the whole spirit of this forum and hobby by making profit off generous, talented people.

This is no different than recasting. It is stealing someone else's work. If the auction does not come down, there will be a banning.

Guys,

Sorry to mislead you. I am the owner of the auction, however I am not stealing his fine work. I have in fact created a CAD template that was in the works well before this was posted. (see above) This thread just created a stir of making a few extra dollars online using the work I had created. I will distribute the CAD file to anyone who wants it for free, but the auction on line is for a scaled plotter printout (in other words, not 22 pages) of the armor. Again, its not traced from his work. In fact, I created the armor I also listed on ebay based on the drawings I created. I feel ashamed that this is how I must be conveyed on my first few days on this board. I am a digital arts major trying to make a little extra cash, thats all. I used the image above as placeholder until I got home, and when I saw that someone noticed it I immediately changed it to the actual drawing. Sorry for the confusion and I apologise sincerely. Please accept it, members, and of course wizard.

-Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the CAD file if anyone is interested in checking. It is even to scale. Im not trying to hijack this thread (please note). Thanks and sorry again.

cooltd825: Which ones mine or darkskywalker?

You can print mine with any image program, as they are just GIF files.

darkskywalker's will require AutoCAD or a compatible CAD program.

Alan

I would like to thank the Dent and everyone for their support and encouragement and quick action on my behalf. It is clear darkskywalker’s templates are of his own creation and that there was no attempt to bootleg mine. He has taken action by replacing my layout drawing with his own to correctly reflect the product in his e-bay auction. At this point I am considering the issue closed.

Thank you for your support. This is a great place with fantastic people, it's a pleasure being part of this community.

Alan

Im sorry I started this whole issue, when it ended up being nothing. Im not sorry about looking out for my fellow members though, even if it is nothing. I would hope everyone would do the same for me. Thats whats great about a family like this.

There is nothing to apologies for that was an excellent catch, one never knows. There are a lot of scammers out there and I would hate to think that someone had to pay for something I am will to give for free. It has happened before, but luckily I managed to stop it before anyone got ripped off.
Thanks for watching my back.

Alan

Please Note:

Well as is always the case I made a change to the templates. I was doing a mock up of the backplate and noticed that the shoulder straps were just barely long enough. So I went and lengthened the shoulder straps by 1" so that they will allow for trimming during the fitting process. All of the zip files have been updated.

Alan

Hello,

I thought of a couple of more things to consider when cutting out the armor. It would be a good idea to cut the templates out of poster board or craft paper first and then test fit them in order to iron out any problems before cutting the Sintra. Also, the cod piece belt and the back belt are currently set to handle 40” around with a one inch overlap on each side. While 40” should accommodate most folks it might be advisable to add a few inches to both the cod piece belt and the back belt on each side, the excess can be trimmed away during the fitting process. The belt sits lower on the hips so it will be required to be larger than the standard waist line.

If anyone has additional words of wisdom please feel free to post them.

I’m thinking of putting together a tutorial to go with the templates. If is something that folks would find useful please let me know.

Alan

I have printed them out and cut them out and its GREAT!!

But I was hoping there were Shin. Thigh and Knee Armour.......And Gauntlet Plans??! haha..

When do you think you'll be ready with the templates for the guys over 6'. There are a lot of them out there. Although right now I'm perfectly fine with printing them out at over 100% size, just glad you made these. Thanks.

team_fett said:
When do you think you'll be ready with the templates for the guys over 6'. There are a lot of them out there. Although right now I'm perfectly fine with printing them out at over 100% size, just glad you made these. Thanks.

I've been out of town for the past week, so I haven't gotten anything done. In the past I have been doing custom templates for the large size Fetts out there, but I will be putting together some XL & XXL templates. It does gets a little tricky trying to fit the pieces on to 8X11 paper.

So, what would really be helpful is if I can get a idea of what sizes are needed, that way I can focus my efforts on those first.

Alan

Man, I can't believe I didn't catch this thread earlier! wizardofflight, where were you 4 years ago when I made my armor? You would have saved me a ton of time! This is some really nice work and you rock for sharing it to the board for free.(y)

This is so AWESOME! Wizard is a beautiful human being!

I just found a place in my area to get Sintra from and now I find this thread. Everything is falling into place for my Fett suit.

As for the ebay issue, before I was told about TDH, I would have loved to find info on ebay like what darkskywalker is offering. Not everyone is aware of this amazing site and those poor souls need to get good info for their Fetts and if darkskywalker can make a few bucks to put towards his own Fett, I say good for him. Hey, it's not like he was trying to sell the plans here.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back