Is this bucket a mystery bucket ?

Well your bucket (TOP) looks like my bucket(BOTTOM), I love my bucket . May not be a perfect shape BUT it's mine. Almost looks like it was pulled form the same thing. Toss some paint on it and it will look as good as the last pic.

AFettFullofDollars said:
Does your helmet by any chance have a flat spot in the center of the forehead right next to the dent?

He talking about my helmet. Since he did such a (y)GREAT(y) job painting mine. And saw a lot more then what I could see.

Must talk to him as AFettFullofDollars the Great.

3b_1_b.JPG

100.JPG

bucket14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same helmet. When I got it I was very unhappy to say the least. The craftsmanship was very poor. It was very thin. I was in the process of getting my money back when I left it on the edge of a table and my dog knocked it off. It broke, cracked the back of the dome open. I believe in the I break I buy thing. So I kept it, spent time applying bondo, then I put another layer of thin fiber glass in it to make it stronger. I would advise this if you keep the helmet. They coffee table mine fell off of is only 2 1/2 feet high above carpet of all things. I'm still in the process of painting it, but I agree with shorttimer that once you get paint on it it looks much better. However if you can get your money back and get a helmet here on the board, do it. I've had horrible luck on ebay, and very good luck with things I've aquired through members here. Just my 2 cents.

mcdennis said:
So I kept it, spent time applying bondo, then I put another layer of thin fiber glass in it to make it stronger. I would advise this if you keep the helmet.

YUP,, first thing I did was fiberglass it, was really thin!!!! Ask AFettFullofDollars how bad of a fiberglass job I did:)

hey shorttimer thanks for those pics... can you tell me one thing... if you line up your bucket so that the visor area is facing 12 oclock staright ahead, does the back area, especially the vents on the back of the bucket, are they to one side of the helmet and at an angle... so they are not aligned ?

and if so is this feature also present on the MS mystery ?

im in the process of cleaning this bucket up, i want to purchase a proper one from MS... i think il paint this one up, make it look really nice and either swap it with someone for another part or maybe even have a competition on the board with the bucket as a giveaway... il see how it turns out

Let me check in the morn, I really dont know. But AFettFullofDollars might be able to answer that question before I do. Either way im sure it will look good when you get done.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back