"Ears"... GAH!

I just painted them on. I tried several times to make decals for them, but I couldn't seem to get the angles for the curve right.

Has anybody used the "templates" for the ear decals from TK-409's website and cut them out for painting masks?
If so. . . how'd they turn out?
I'm getting ready to start my first helmet painting project *shudder* and I'm looking for any useful tips/hints.
Eric

Ah!
Now those were useful!

I got some CD-label paper, and printed the ear decals off on that, using Photoshop to size them correctly.

I may actually go back and reprint them on photo-paper, then use some clear silicon sealant rubbed into each side of the paper to stick that down - Will probably look slightly better.
But these are alright for now.
( I do recommend cutting a small slit in the black arch on the rangefinder, otherwise it won't stick down properly. )

I used TK-409's aswell, printed them on plain simple sticker paper (like what you use for cd's) and then sprayed the white on, painted the little black thingies on later.

ear decal.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back