MY MS2

Darrin theres a guy on ebay who does the decals for the ESB helmet! I got a set mainly for the 'ears' but theres also a set of yellow kill stripes, theres no battle damage on them but that isn't a problem. The auction is for Visor and decals but drop him a email and he'll sort you out the decals only. Got mine a few days ago, very pleased with the quality.

Hope that helps

Jon
BH1195

I got the decals and there all on, but what about the back.......Dont leave me hangin Spidey. -pun intended-

cal196 said:
I got the decals and there all on, but what about the back.......Dont leave me hangin Spidey. -pun intended-

:lol: :lol:
Sorry Cal...I've been really busy with the new House and other Projects..
I will post BACK and Stripe "How too's" soon..

gimme some back spidey, once you're done with this, I am going to save this thing as a whole for my records !

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Maul said:
back to the top, you never finished this man...

Sorry guys, should finish this soon, SERIOUSLY...
Been dealing with some "Real Life" stuff...:facepalm

When I first started this thread I was in the Mind-Set that I would help out the Fellow Member that didn't really know how to get from A to B when painting a Fett Bucket....Anyone who has been around long enough knows that these Techniques are Basically are already out there....... with the Credit to People Like FETT PRIDE, Rogue Studios, Steve the SWEDE, Braks Buddy.....to me these people have done all, if not all, the Leg work in all things known to FETT, with a few others.."Credit where credit is due"(y) .
So with a few of my own techniques I thought This is gonna be SO Helpful and fun....very simple concept right? SO I thought.

Well to my amazement I was shocked to get PM's from certain members that "Advised" me that "maybe I should hold back a little on some of the information that I was Providing". Like it was SOOO top secret or something...... And in the Word of another member "Let them figure it out for themselves".......Naturally I was Stunned and shocked at This type of Attitude. But I didn't care, SO I continued to post.

Well now with the recent events on other threads it is clear to me the intentions of some members here......
Let me just say this ........ANYONE making a living off this FETT Hobby as a way of life and/or trying to "Corner a certain market" for anything FETT just for the sake of making money does NOT need to be here, I MY OPINION.
Now with that being said Should People get paid for their hard work and Services they provide for their Love of FETT. DEFINITELY. I think we can all agree on that.

With the Recent Labor day Holliday I WAS planning on finishing this thread with a TON of pics and "How Too's" ........
But with the Attitudes that I have seen around here lately and intensions of center members I WILL NOT BE FINISHING THIS THREAD, as it has left a very BAD Taste in my mouth for helping certain people out.....
I know, it is SAD and unfortunate.:facepalm

Please do not misconstrued this as a "NAME Calling" Post.....I wouldn't intentionally do that to anyone. But if you "Push first" I will push back...

Don't get me wrong I will respond to EVERY PM with questions...Those who know me know that I respond very quickly to ALL my PM's..

***WHAT I will do is post the Final Pics of this Completed Bucket..
That is my Promise.(y)

Again Sorry and Thanks for your input on this thread, it's been fun....

With respect to all , Alex.

It sucks that you have been made to feel this way Spidey. I thought that the reason for a forum like this was to share "our" knowledge of this hobby so that others could learn from "our" mistakes and thus have a more enjoyable Fett building experience. This is supposed to be a community, a family that shares. I have also noticed some of our members with great knowledge of Fett who do not post answers to people's questions when they easlily could help out. Some of these people are the very same that sell products here. I am not saying this of everyone on this forum who has something to sell but, if the shoe fits, you know who you are.

I think that if you let the people who tell you "Let them figure it out for themselves" get you down about this place, then you are letting them win. Please know that there are more members of this forum that need the help of great members like you than there are people just looking to make a buck form us. Don't let them win. Dummys like me need the SpideyFetts of this board. If we don't have good info on how to do things on our own, we would be forced to just buy everything all done and how much fun would that be?

Remeber Spidey to read your own signature from time to time. It is true.
Whatever you decide, thanks for your contributions here in the past.

Christo Fett said:
It sucks that you have been made to feel this way Spidey. I thought that the reason for a forum like this was to share "our" knowledge of this hobby so that others could learn from "our" mistakes and thus have a more enjoyable Fett building experience. This is supposed to be a community, a family that shares. I have also noticed some of our members with great knowledge of Fett who do not post answers to people's questions when they easlily could help out. Some of these people are the very same that sell products here. I am not saying this of everyone on this forum who has something to sell but, if the shoe fits, you know who you are.

I think that if you let the people who tell you "Let them figure it out for themselves" get you down about this place, then you are letting them win. Please know that there are more members of this forum that need the help of great members like you than there are people just looking to make a buck form us. Don't let them win. Dummys like me need the SpideyFetts of this board. If we don't have good info on how to do things on our own, we would be forced to just buy everything all done and how much fun would that be?

Remeber Spidey to read your own signature from time to time. It is true.
Whatever you decide, thanks for your contributions here in the past.

Thanks Christo Fett ...your support is Greatly appreciated..(y)
I pretty much have thought this through, and unfortunately I have to give-in on this one...It sucks I know..

I look at it things this way now, if your not helping then why are you here??.. know what I mean?..

I'm glad at least one person Benefited from this thread...
let me know if I can help...
Thanks Bud.

Amen!!!! People like me really appreciate any help you can give us.....so.... keep up the good work and thanks for helping others out!!!!!! (y)

HellCop said:
Amen!!!! People like me really appreciate any help you can give us.....so.... keep up the good work and thanks for helping others out!!!!!! (y)

Well said, I'm here for help, and if what I learn will help someone else, I will help. This is a "for fun" thing for me and I want to keep it that way. Don't fight guys and gals...............please.

I personally loved this thread, it was really going to help me out in painting my Fett helmet and it was great to see it all step by step, I cant beleive people have been asking you to stop, even if I followed your tutorial I dont think I could match your paint job or some of the other pros on here, but atleast i would have had fun doing it and had a fairly decent looking bucket

Sad to see this thread die.......

Paul

Wow, Im sad to hear about this, why on earth would this happen, I thought we were all in the same boat here but I guess not, my view on this forum has always been, give help if you can, and if not point someone in the right direction. I'll just echo the thoughts of everyone else who was following this thread with enthusiasm, its a sad thing, you the man spidey

Yea!!! That is what this forum is about!!! HELPING EACH OTHER OUT!!! We all have the same interest here, so show the Love and Spread the Sweetness!!

(y)

Absolutely insane.

I hear you barking Spidey........and take it from me when I say, Thank you so very much for the input you have given me in the past......and hopefully in the future.
I honestly don't understand the mindframe of the members who sent you those sort of PM's. I can't seem to wrap my head around that concept......period.
I also hate to see this thread die......but if it does it sort of gives me some backhanded motivation of sorts.

Let me tell you, more than one person benefited from this thread, and many more to come.

Sincerely
Josh

It definitely is sad how situations turn out so callow. Posts like this are so helpful to newbie fett builders, step by step instructions for some one who didn’t really have a clue, like me, until I started following all this wonderful information. I've searched all over this forum looking at tutorials, benefiting from tireless work, research and effort made by other members, and over all being pretty impressed the resourcefulness of all you guys as a whole. Yes some people like RS, FP,Brak, Spidey and many more whom don't come to mind at the moment, have definitely contributed more to the forum then say someone like me, and are they respected more in a sense because of that; they are and well deserve it. How many people use their resources, how many of you painted your gear with RS list as your guide, how many people are walking around with awesome FP armor or MS helmets and Ruffkin gauntlets and so on. We're all here for the same reason, I'd hope so anyway. To say let them figure it out by them selves is completely arrogant. What you were doing here Spidey is awesome, and I really think you should continue, because you are well entitled to. I see you try to help or comment on almost every thread I've read. If you don’t like someone’s tutorials don't follow it. If you don’t like someone’s product they are making then don’t buy it. If you don’t like someone’s information provided to you then don't use it. I don’t get why there all finger pointing, not giving credit where credit is due claims, you can't do this, you can't say that, you can't sell this here and so on because someone else does and blah blah blah. We're all here to make a Fett, so let’s all make one without the drama and controversy. I've been using a little info from everyone as I'm in the process of painting my bucket and I'm very happy how its coming out and that’s how everyone should feel, and the people who provide this should be happy that they could help someone instead of having an arrogant figure it out yourself attitude, if that be the case, and if so, what are you doing here? Keep it going Spidey, I'd love to see the rest of your progress, and thank you to everyone else who had provided vital information and resources, I hope with experience I gain something I can give back to this community because like hellcop said, this community is about sharing and helping each other out after all, we all have the same face on the inside ------

Nick-

People wouldn't care who knows what If it didn't effect their profits.. If you ask me, people that have info that they either can't or don't wish to disclose, should not mention that they even have this info.. and unless someone is using someone elses methods that were given to them privately, I think it's wrong to ask anyone to hold anything back that they feel like sharing..

I think Spidey (although seems a little impressed with himself at times :p ) is a good guy with a ton of helpful info.. Because of threads like this, I'm the proud owner of a bucket that's been stripped back down to primer at least 6 times... The more I read, the more I learn, and the more I say 'ah screw it, let's start over' ..

I for one am pretty thankful of absolutely everyone on here.. Even though we may have a new president by the time my bucket is finished, I've learned so much being here and Im having a blast with it.. I had never even heard of acrylic or enamel when I first made it here and now I've amazed myself with how my work can look (before it gets stripped) .. all because of threads like this one..

Spideyfett said:
Well to my amazement I was shocked to get PM's from certain members that "Advised" me that "maybe I should hold back a little on some of the information that I was Providing". Like it was SOOO top secret or something...... And in the Word of another member "Let them figure it out for themselves".......

This realy angers and sickens me. :angry :puke This type of attitude is something I would expect over at the RPF, but NEVER here. I have been a member of this board for quite some time, and while my post count may not be as high as others, I have paid attention to what goes on around this place, and this type of attitude surprises me.

I have some times wondered about the lack of involvement from some of the "senior" members, but I have always written it off as growing tired of answering the same question over and over, not trying to keep info from the community. I hope that this new info that you shared is just an isolated case, and not the new way of thinking around here. I agree that a little bit of due diligence should be expected of a new member. A noob should spend some time researching the forum, before they shoot off a question that HAS been answered a hundred times. But not wanting someone to share information, or methods, or a tutorial, that is redicioulus (sp?). (n)

Spidey,
Thanks for what you have provided so far. I will help me when it comes time to start my helmet. (y) You are right that ITS NOT TOP SECRET information. I have bookmarked other threads that provide hemet painting info also. But it is ALWAYS nice to see pictures too. A picture says a thousand words. Thanks again Spidey. I will be sending you a PM soon.

Gator

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back