MY MS2

My local Michael's does not offer a Rubber Cement pick up, but the guy there said a kneaded rubber eraser was very close, will that work? its fairly sticky.

Actually no, that won't work..
You might want to try Walmart.
I'll find a link....
cal196 said:
My local Michael's does not offer a Rubber Cement pick up, but the guy there said a kneaded rubber eraser was very close, will that work? its fairly sticky.

This is great!! Thanks so much for posting your progress. This is really gonna help me out! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this from Wal-Mart near the rubber cement.

100_0426.JPG

Sorry I've been away.....Other Projects...:facepalm

I took these pics some time back and never posted them...

1. I've hand painted the custom mix Maroon Color Scratches....
On the color mix I simply used PACEMAKER RED and a MIX of Purple to darken the RED to the dark Maroon color....It dried a little light but you can always add more Purple to darken. Be sure to test the way it dries first BEFORE Appling.

2. I used an Exacto-Knife to make some of the hair-line scratches on the bucket...a Razor is good for this too.....REFERENCE PHOTOS REFERENCE PHOTO!!!(y)

3. I also use a Metallic Sharpie (THIN AND THICK SIZE) for the rest of the silver scratches,with the purpose of cleaning up the silver areas to match the reffernce photos, Applying Topically............

AGAIN THE BACK IS IT'S OWN MONSTER ...I should tackle that soon.;)

MSMAROON1.jpg

MSMAROON3.jpg

MSXACTO.jpg

MSSharpie.jpg

That looks really really nice man. You are a very talented individual (especially talented to be able to work with the right hand and simutaniously take pics with the left:lol: ). Really awesome work! Can't wait to see the back.

Kripps said:
That looks really really nice man. You are a very talented individual (especially talented to be able to work with the right hand and simutaniously take pics with the left:lol: ). Really awesome work! Can't wait to see the back.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TALENT???...It's Called "A TIMER ON MY CAMERA and mounted on a Tri-pod".;)

Been looking forward to the update.. Looks awesome so far.. Really looking forward to seeing the back.. great tutorial so far..

Quick question about the masking.. How long do you usually wait until you lift off the masked parts? Is it better to lift somewhat soon after the paint dries? Would waiting it out a little longer reduce the risk of more paint lifting off along with it ? or would that just make the whole process even more difficult...

btw, the Michael's near me didn't have the rubber cement pickup either, but I did find it over at A.C Moore, If anyone has one local to them..

Tension113 said:
Been looking forward to the update.. Looks awesome so far.. Really looking forward to seeing the back.. great tutorial so far..

Quick question about the masking.. How long do you usually wait until you lift off the masked parts? Is it better to lift somewhat soon after the paint dries? Would waiting it out a little longer reduce the risk of more paint lifting off along with it ? or would that just make the whole process even more difficult...

btw, the Michael's near me didn't have the rubber cement pickup either, but I did find it over at A.C Moore, If anyone has one local to them..

I like to let things dry pretty much a good day or so before lifting.....
Actually I've tried lifting the Fluid both a few hrs after and a whole week after...both worked just fine..
*** if for some reason you can't Lift certain sections of the masked area because the paint is too hard, then just use an Exacto to chip the paint, THEN continue lifting with the Rubber Cement Pick up on that area. Will come right up***Works great.(y) (y)

Hope that helps..:)

WOW, I haven't been in this forum for a while (in 2 months or more, maybe), due to a web filter that the military has.

Marrow Sun, please, send me PM for info on this helmet. ;)

Robert

Thanks so much spidey, your the inspiration to this, and although I realize its not screen accurate I am liking my results from my very first ESB paintjob. Here is a much better picture.

100_0459.JPG

Hey CAl that is JUST AWESOME!!!......Seriously your painting skills are right -on!!!:cheers ...

Keep us posted..

cal196 said:
Thanks so much spidey, your the inspiration to this, and although I realize its not screen accurate I am liking my results from my very first ESB paintjob. Here is a much better picture.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that's ******* AWESOME!

How many man hours did you put into that paint job, because it looks like the dogs bollocks!

I love the scorched look around the dent. Very nicely done.

Thanks Guys. I suggest anyone that is going to do this to look over this thread carefully. I didnt know what to do before Spidey posted this. That is about a month of painting about an hour a day. The back of the helmet is blank though. And I am very hesitant to put and tape on it to do the kill marks and I cant find any pinstriping in the color I need.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back