Skalen Fehl Unleashed

Wow . I do not know if my Jango would be as accurate as yours, Seekers or Mirax.

However the general public knows I am Jango. But back to you. Your suit is

freaking flawless. The armor stole the show for me good job! And have fun at CIII.

By yhe way, which Jet Pack will you have at CIII?

Thank you webchief and lilburndiablo. It is a huge compliment to be compared to SEEKER and Mirax. They and others paved the way for us and set the standard for us to follow.

For CIII I'll be wearing the primary jet pack :jet pack; a loaner from a good friend, that is, if I can get to him before I leave. Otherwise I'll be jet packless, but who cares, I'm going to have a lot of fun.

Thanks, Geo and Cutest_Sandgirl.

Mirax, I looked around for that hose dying thread to no avail. Is it something I can do in less than an hour? That would be about all I need after tonight.

Anyway, I just finished weathering my loaner jet pack. I just may end up buying it. I really haven't had a chance to see how accurate it is but I think it's close. I noticed two different images in the visual dictionary and they don't match. I see a couple of differences. A stunt version perhaps? Anyway, I guess I'm about finished. Just have to make a neck seal or else just wear my royal blue balaclava to cover up my neck :facepalm.

I may end up crafting new shoulder armor pieces. They don't fit my vest correctly, too much of a curve. The vest shoulders aren't accurate either, but I think it's good for now. I'm dang tired. I had hoped to hear a review from the best Jango around, el numero uno, SEEKER. He has been my main inspiration and motivation to go the extra mile.

Yeah, I believe it was navy blue that you dye them in, let me see if I can't find it for you right quick. Oh, suggestion for the neck- I bought a white turtleneck, dyed it and cut a dickie out of it - works great cause it doesn't slip down cause it is a turtleneck!

Lookin good Skalen. I did the same thing with my red kap postal blue suit. Sew a strip of extra material to go around your neck in the front and have it open and close with a velcro closure

Great work

dan

jenchuan! I haven't seen you around for a while. Hope you're doing well. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mirax, thanks for the tips and the thread. On the photo, the hoses look solid blue. They are actually clear with blue crossthreading. I'm going to upgrade those as well. I ended up making a neck seal by cutting a large strip from the lab coat and using velcro. The thing wraps around my neck and closes in back. I like the dickie idea. Might try that after CIII.

Thanks OPPI. You're armor is coming along nicely too. Hope you got the jet pack all sorted out. It was a task positioning mine just right. Only the buckles show betweent he jet pack and the backplate. That's how it ended up to have just the right height and angle.

The armor was boxed and shipped off with my garrison CO who just hit the road for CIII. I'll be packing now and leave very early tomorrow morning and arrive in the afternoon.

Thank you all for the support, compliments, and advice. I'll post a lot more pics and what/how I did it after CIII.

Finally got a bunch of pics of my Jango taken. I still have some work to do. I don't like how my shins hang down over my boot armor. Other minor tweaks and I'll be happy. Below are pictures of how I've constructed my costume:

BH4246_1.jpg

BH4246_2.jpg

BH4246_3.jpg

BH4246_4.jpg

BH4246_5.jpg

BH4246_6.jpg

BH4246_7.jpg

BH4246_8.jpg

BH4246_9.jpg

BH4246_10.jpg

BH4246_11.jpg

BH4246_12.jpg

BH4246_13.jpg

BH4246_14.jpg

BH4246_15.jpg

BH4246_16.jpg

BH4246_17.jpg

BH4246_18.jpg

BH4246_19.jpg

BH4246_20.jpg

BH4246_21.jpg

BH4246_22.jpg

BH4246_23.jpg

BH4246_24.jpg

BH4246_25.jpg

BH4246_26.jpg

BH4246_28.jpg

BH4246_29.jpg

BH4246_30.jpg

BH4246_31.jpg

BH4246_33.jpg

BH4246_34.jpg

BH4246_35.jpg

BH4246_36.jpg

BH4246_37.jpg

BH4246_38.jpg

BH4246_39.jpg

BH4246_40.jpg

BH4246_41.jpg

BH4246_42.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that certainly looks awesome! :eek:

Hope mine will turn out as good as yours some day (in a few decades or so...).

(y)

Well, with patience, hard work, a little luck, lots of money, and a lot of friends here, you can do it. I still gotta look into that CD for you. I haven't forgotten. Lately I've been getting pm's from friends here and other forums for items for Jango and other costumes. I'll let you know asap. Thank you for the compliments.

Thanks, SWFreak. Now to try and figure out how to do that moving rangefinder stalk. JD, I'm so jealous, man. That was a sweet set up you have. It was great to meet you at C3. I've seen that hyperdine website, but I'm so electronically impaired that i wouldn't know where to begin.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back