Star Fortress Vest

Dent ghost 8

New Hunter
Has anyone here owned a flak vest from Star Fortress? If so, was it:

Worth the money?

Does it have a neck seal attached?

Is it a good quality vest?

Im trying to decide whether to order a vest from SF or tk409. It appears the SF vest would be cheaper since the pic shows a neckseal and comes with armor velcro mounts. If its actually crap, Ill go with tk409. LMK

I would go with TK409. His is WAAAAY more accurate than the StarFortress vest, both in stitching and color. Plus he also sells a Neck Seal separately which is more screen accurate than the StarFortress one. The neckseal in the film suit was actually attached to the jumpsuit and not the vest. It's closure was in the front while the vest's closure was in the back. I have one of TK409's neck seals and it is TOP NOTCH.

AFettFullofDollars said:
I would go with TK409. His is WAAAAY more accurate than the StarFortress vest, both in stitching and color. Plus he also sells a Neck Seal separately which is more screen accurate than the StarFortress one. The neckseal in the film suit was actually attached to the jumpsuit and not the vest. It's closure was in the front while the vest's closure was in the back. I have one of TK409's neck seals and it is TOP NOTCH.

What he said!

O K I have the SF version and its not bad .Looks good but I must agree if you want to go with a more screen accurate vesion and dont mind a few more $$ the TK409 is your bet . As you can see the SF is a shiny satin material and there are way too mant pleets in the shoulder cuffs .The snaps were added by me later . Hope this helps

Mike

DSCF0427.JPG

DSCF0429.JPG

Ok, Im convinced...TK409 is the way to go

Although Im doing a Custom and not too worried about the accuracy, I think just the good report and apparent savings with a tk409 seal is enough to go with Chris.

Mike, for the pics...:cheers

And for everyone else who bothered to give their two cents worth... :cheers

And Chris, you will be hearing from me in the near future ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back