esb gauntlets paint details

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
esb gaunts paint details

well i got these pics from TDH somewhere, Is that black square on the left gaunt just a black square or a push button like the small one on the side of right gaunt?

and from what I can see the keypad button colours are 2 rows silver, 2 rows blue, 1 row red...right?

esb black square.jpg

esb keypad.jpg

This has probubly been answered so many times everyone is burnt out.

Last edited by a moderator:
well then what are the awnsers? I couldn't find them around here...

I've actually never noticed that before. I don't have a black spot there on my ESB gauntlets though I'm needing an upgrade on them sometime soon.

hmmm... I have a black spot now aswell... but thats just it, is it a black spot... or a push button?? hmmm... gues a spot will do for now...:p

I haven't looked at the gauntlet's in awhile, but I do believe it's a raised portion of the gauntlet painted black to look like a button- not a physical button like we see on the inside of the right gauntlet.

In regard to the painted numbers on the MQ-1, I've researched that in the past and I am very skeptical that the numbers are painted. The Mq-1 buttons are extremely reflective and can produce a "painted" effect under various lighting conditions.

However, this is simply my opinion, as definite reference is lacking to prove the issue one way or the other.

I see what you mean... DAMN that lack of reference for ESB...

And I'll stick with a black square then...

an whats up with the "orange" on the flamethrower, wich appears red in some pics? (I know , I know, 20 year old photo/film footage under different lighting etc etc... its still frustrating :p )

keypad.jpg

Actually, the photo in the bottom left corner in the above image is a great example of why I think the buttons are not painted: you would never be able to get ALL the buttons to reflect like that if they were painted.

yups... but isnt it possible their done with some brght shiny paint? or that theres a shiny layer over the entire keyad?

:) hmmm... but the rotj version was painted right?
so ESB was just plain simple metal look (shiny), rotj was with the red an blue buttons...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back