"Eyes" Prepro W.I.P

MARROW SUN

Active Hunter
Well this has been a bit more challenging so far simply due to the lack of reference material. I still need to weather a bit more and add a visor. I have been given some additional photos after starting this project so I imagine I'll give it another try some time in the near future. All in all its been fun and you don't see many guys trying to make this style.

450x600_1.jpg

450x600_2.jpg

450x600_3.jpg

450x600_4.jpg

450x600_5.jpg

450x600_6.jpg

450x600_7.jpg

450x600_8.jpg

450x600_9.jpg

Very nice MS...you're right....you don't see that version done much,but it is a pretty cool helmet. The paintjob is looking good :cheers

Steve

Klinsek said:
Scuse my ignorance, but what scheme is this from? Some preproduction stills?

Nice paintjob though man.

Here are some Pre-Production #2 Helmet Pics...
Brak's, will remove PICS ASAP if needed..thought this would help the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeeees.....BUT CAN YOU DANCE ?!?!?

-----seriously though, I can't wait until you stack all your helmets next to each other for one pic !!

GM

It looks great Marrow. One small thing, it looks like the "bunny ears" are a little too far back maybe just an inch or less. But it looks great. Are you going to do the entire series of Fett helmets, from white to ROTJ?

Predatormv said:
It looks great Marrow. One small thing, it looks like the "bunny ears" are a little too far back maybe just an inch or less. But it looks great. Are you going to do the entire series of Fett helmets, from white to ROTJ?
The eyes do appear to be set further back in the pics I posted, it may just be the camera angle because looking at the helmet in real life they look as they do from my reference. The other major problem I ran into was the colours. I had 3 different pics that appeared to had 3 totally different colours.

Yea I know what you mean with the colors, I remember when Lynn and Michael both painted this helmet, both looked great buy they didn't look like each other. But both had pictures that had the same colors on them. Yours looks great, can't wait to see what you do next.

This version of the costume has always been one of my favorites, I just didn't do it because I didn't want to explain to my non-fetthead friends why it has bunny ears.

looks great man!
The colors on this are pretty hard due to the lack of reference available.
I did my basic colors based on one of the darkest shots i think it was the profile shot in the chronicles and it pretty much looks like the reference shots when photographed either with a flash or in a brighter setting. My helmet was damaged, but i managed to repair it. I will complete it some day soon:)

Good luck!

-Mikael

MS,

Very nice. I have always liked the pre-pro helmets. However, I agree with predatormv, the "eyes" are a little too far back, and they are a little bit to far apart. Besides that, it looks great.
If you get a chance, let us know how you did it. The hardest part I would think would be getting the "eyes" right and smudging the "eyes" from the pre-pro 1. Here's the only shot I have ever seen of it. One of my projects is to do an "Evolution" of the Fett helmets.

originaleyes2kj.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen that picture before Wes. Where did it come from? All the pre-pro1 pics I have seen have the "iris" of the eye missing.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back