Horsehair braids and supplier question

Yroc Yar

Active Hunter
horse hair for braids ?

is any one else using horse hair for there wookie scalps ? i just got these today at tandy leather . the blonds are a little darker then they appear in the pic , but i need to " highlight" one of them for my esb suit .
newpics164.png

Hey!!! Those look pretty sweet!!! So are those real horse hair???? I was under the impression that the real horse hair braids were pretty spendy?? lookin good bud.
Damian

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the horse hair for $6.99 each at the tandy leather store and braided them myself .this stuff is thick and it was only about 18 inches long . so i halfed it , then braided it and then rubber banded them together at the ends to make them about 38 inches long . i have also seen horse hair for sale in the classifieds under farm stuff . tomorrow i will go to wal-mart and get some hair color remover and see if that will make the thick blond one a little yellower .you can see in a close up pic that the hair has differenrt colors in it . it looks more natural then some hair braids bought at sally's or something .
scannedbraids1.png

here's a comparison with a pic from the c.d. ref.
horsehair2.png

trust me , they look identicle but my camera sucks

I just ordered some horsehair from Tandy Leather to finally make some decent braids. Anyone else here use hosehair? Anyone ever deal with tandy Leather?:facepalm

Jedi-Bob said:
I just ordered some horsehair from Tandy Leather to finally make some decent braids. Anyone else here use hosehair? Anyone ever deal with tandy Leather?:facepalm

How much did it cost you?

The web site said $12.99 a bundle.
When I spoke to the woman at the store I called she seemed a
bit surprised and kept saying "if that is what the web site says...that's what i will charge you." I didnt know what to make of that. All I know is that I don't like what I have now and want them upgraded b4 5/19.

Anyone have pics of the horsehais braids in the first post? i don't see any.

Thanks all.

Never mind... I posted two sites that USED to be online that sold Native American stuff INCLUDING horse hair. My bad!

Sorry, to resurrect such an old thread, but where do you guys get horsehair these days. I didn't see them on tandy's website anymore.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back