working lcd for rangefinder

I've seen a few posts now and again asking how someone might fit a working lcd into their rf. Well I saw this .24 inch lcd screen today. At 460 bucks, it might even be doable for some of you fetts with the technical knowhow and deep pockets.

There was no mention of what would drive the screen, but I'd guess you could get a fairly small battery operated itx-like setup to fit in a jet pack or a belt pocket.

Then of course it would be up to you to make sure that you didn't walk into things while you watched your looping mpeg of the falcon speeding away. :lol:

scalar_wearable.jpg

Im working on putting a mini cam in mine, it is a 10 dollar walmart one, the rangefinder screen is a cheap LCD that displays the number of pics and settings and stuff, but its the right price and the right size for what I need, besides, taking pics with my helmet and having a USB prot on it would be kinda fun.

Philip Fett said:
Im working on putting a mini cam in mine, it is a 10 dollar walmart one, the rangefinder screen is a cheap LCD that displays the number of pics and settings and stuff, but its the right price and the right size for what I need, besides, taking pics with my helmet and having a USB prot on it would be kinda fun.

Cool idea! In fact you could get all kinds of "holy bejeezus! It's Boba Fett" action pics. Well, that or "look!!!! a space man!!!" pics. :lol: Either way, first person pics from a fett helmet would be priceless!

IT would be cool to take apart a handheld GPS and put the screen in the rangfinder, IT would actualy do what its suppose to.

cal196 said:
IT would be cool to take apart a handheld GPS and put the screen in the rangfinder, IT would actualy do what its suppose to.

Is there a gps unit out there with a screen that small? To actually completely geek out and make it do what it was supposed to -That is, track a live video image, and superimpose gps and range data onto the image (assumed?), you would still need mucho hardware.

Also it would be helpful to be able to easily detach the lcd vga connector at the base of the helmet. The cam could run wirelessly, but you may as well use a wired one since you'd already have the vga connector. Getting that to run wirelessly would be a trick. sigh.

Hmnmm, Im also looking for one of those old gameboy cams for cheap, if I can find one, I plan on having mounted on one of the interior cheeks an LCD cam, not sure if I want it to see front or rear yet though.

I may not be great at making screen accurate armor, but I sure as hell am going to have some up teched stuff!

There are LED screens that size -camra display- all you would need to do it wire the gps up to the smaller screen, not use the screen in the actual gps.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back